Bill to ban adoption by Republicans

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Lord Blackadder, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I've avoided debates about gay adoption in the past, but I'm against the anti-adoption measures being put forward, and I think this spoof bill by a state senator in my own home state is both funny and effective at putting things in perspective.

Link

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Thanks for posting. Maybe there are still a few sane people left in my former home state.

3. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Oh HELL YES! lmao

4. Lord Blackadder thread starter macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I know I'm probably more "conservative" than a lot of people on this board, but I can't see any rational reason why anyone would support this -and I'm tired of being beaten over the head with a bible every time the religious right wants "morality legislation" passed.

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I'm from this area myself, Blackadder.

I think I'll write to my state senator, Ron Amstutz, in support of the Hagan bill. :D

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Hey- I want to write this guy and thank him. Any links?

7. Lord Blackadder thread starter macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

His webpage.

I notice his occupation is listed as "Senator/Locomotive engineer". Nice combo. :p :confused: :)

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Thanks. This is the best I've seen come from my former home state in years and he deserves a thank you.

9. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I sent him a thank you email. We need more people who aren't afraid to go out on a limb for justice.

e

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

My letter to Hagan:

Dear Sir,

As a former Ohioan who is gay, I really appreciate what you did. I felt pushed away from Ohio many years ago and left to move to Chicago. I got tired of hearing the negativity aimed at people like me and felt I had no choice but to leave if I was to be happy. I am proud to say I did find that happiness- but I still have friends and family in Ohio, so I visit quite frequently. Every time I return I feel the repression and hatred I felt before I left. It makes me sad. Why do people hate us so much? There is no logical reason.

Thank you again sir, you have shown me that there are still some people who care about us. Maybe there is hope for Ohio yet.

Lee Kohler

11. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I dunno. The last time the world had a politician who made the trains run on time, it didn't work out so well. ;)