Bill Would Imprison Rape Victims Who Receive Abortions

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Jan 25, 2013.

1. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I know NM legislature is solidly blue and this will never pass, but this is just ****ing crazy. Wouldn't surprise me if ALEC was behind this and using NM as a trial balloon. Your move Virginia, Texas, Missouri, Mississippi, Alabama…

Link

2. macrumors 6502

Perhaps should the defendant be found guilty - the 'object' or 'member' that was used to commit the crime should removed so it can preserved in the vaults as evidence. That might even things up in suitably Biblical way.

3. macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

I wouldn't mind taking all our citizens who think this way and putting them into quarantine. They're really sick.

4. macrumors 68000

mcrain

The alternative is to require the state to pay for, and perform, whatever procedures are necessary to immediately remove the "evidence" from the body so as to preserve it for future trial.

5. macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Can't the physician simply take a sample and reserve it for a certain period of time for each abortion and courts can apply to have the sample tested in some criminal cases.

6. macrumors 68000

mcrain

Yes, it's called an abortion. Take the sample. I'm sure the victim won't mind.

7. macrumors 6502a

jnpy!$4g3cwk

In case you thought that the war on women would go quiet for the next few months, what with all the issues about taxes and government spending to deal with.

8. macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    They could take a fetal blood sample pre-abortion, run it for DNA, then destroy it. The victim wouldn't have any psychological tie. Would all be voluntary of course.

9. macrumors 601

Moyank24

It looks like she's made some amendments because, of course, she didn't exactly mean to victimize the victim. :rolleyes:

Source

Seriously, how do these people get elected?