Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
CoMpX said:
$10,000 worth of music is pretty useless to me, and it would be useless for me to have that kind of money only to be spent on music.

You can buy videos too! A-Team, Knight Rider, Saved By The Bell, Amercia's Funniest Home Videos. All the classics... :D

austinbond

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2004
pdpfilms said:
?? Are they notorious for buying lots of iTunes tracks or something?

lol no it was just sour grapes...If I can't win it might as well be someone one the other side of the world least likely to win and was just clicking "Buy Song" at the right moment

Whyren said:
Random idea: the 1 billionth purchased song should be made a free download for like a week or something.

Lol then we might get screwed with "my humps"

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
dejo said:
You can buy videos too! A-Team, Knight Rider, Saved By The Bell, Amercia's Funniest Home Videos. All the classics... :D

HMM I never thought of that...this changes EVERYTHING!! ;) :D :p

noelister

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2005
I am interested in finding out what song was purchased... I think it would be really funny if it was something along the lines of "like a virgin". I think it would be funny to hear SJ say that.

austinbond said:
hmm I'm lovin this #1 "You're Beautiful"
I like it as well. Just bought it a few minutes ago :D

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
Haha... look what I did to my friend. She was all excited about winning this contest.

Attachments

• Picture 7.png
    Picture 7.png
    24 KB · Views: 80

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
Long Beach, California
I'm a little bit curious if Steve will actually make a call to the winner this year. Now that iTunes has really gained a lot of ground and has so many different kinds of users, I wonder if he'd still want to make that call. I don't remember if he did for the last contest; I only remember the call for the first one (IIRC).
-Chasen

austinbond

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2004
Haha...I actually got an email from steve one time...its kinda dumb what I did to get it though...remember when Steve was up to his eyeballs with the California conservationists at his old house and he needed to find someone to move the historical house off his land so he could rebuild. So anyway I emailed him and told him I had a firm outta Houston that did just that, and he actually emailed me back asking for credencials.

noelister

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2005
rendezvouscp said:
I'm a little bit curious if Steve will actually make a call to the winner this year. Now that iTunes has really gained a lot of ground and has so many different kinds of users, I wonder if he'd still want to make that call. I don't remember if he did for the last contest; I only remember the call for the first one (IIRC).
-Chasen

If I won I would love to get a call from Steve. That would be the greatest thing. Then I would ask if I could come and tour the Apple HQ campus. Then if I was feeling crazy I would ask for a job. :D

austinbond

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2004
noelister said:
If I won I would love to get a call from Steve. That would be the greatest thing. Then I would ask if I could come and tour the Apple HQ campus. Then if I was feeling crazy I would ask for a job. :D

lol hed probably flat out say "NO!"

noelister

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2005
austinbond said:
lol hed probably flat out say "NO!"

Who knows...:D

What is the saying. You never know until you ask. However, if that ever happened I would not be holding my breath:rolleyes:

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
w_parietti22 said:
Haha... look what I did to my friend. She was all excited about winning this contest.

You actually typed "OMG" in real life conversation?

Are you kidding? Hang on, she typed "rlly" in there as well. Too tired to type the "e" and the "a"??

briangig

macrumors regular
May 16, 2005
I bought a few songs last night trying to get one of the 100,000 ones...I didnt get a receipt for the songs though, so I thought I may have gotten it...but havent heard anything yet.

Must.Get.nano!

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2005
lancestraz said:
Wait till there are only 5,000 songs left. Then buy 10,000 songs. You win a 10,000 iTunes gift card. Sell it on Ebay. You still get 10 iPods and an iMac!
Good deal.

Wouldnt that suck if that plan backfired:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.