bin/cue files

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Peter9, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Peter9 macrumors member

Jun 26, 2004
    i have a movie. it's 2 folders (cd1, cd2). each folder contains a bine and a cue file.

how can i go from here to watching it on my dvd player?

(yes, i have a dvd burner)
  2. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

Dec 3, 2003
    Southeastern Louisiana
    You know, I'd like to know myself.

I've burned .bin and .cue files on a PC with Alcohol 120%, but is there a Mac equivalent?
  3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
    The bin file is just an image, try renaming it .iso and see if it will mount (it should do), then you can just use the disk utility to burn the image, and ignore the cue file all together.
  4. Peter9 thread starter macrumors member

Jun 26, 2004
    ok i renamed it an iso and when i try to open it it says "no mountable file systems" i know im missing something
  5. Veldek macrumors 68000

Mar 29, 2003
    Ok, it’s very easy. You have at least two possibilities. First one is, buy Toast. It can burn almost everything you might ever need and is well worth the money IMO. The second one is, get Firestarter. This app can also burn these files, but it’s a little hard to work with, much harder than Toast. At least, Firestarter is free, just do a search on VersionTracker.
  6. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
    If you can't get it onto CD, you can still watch the movie by dragging the .cue file onto VLC.
  7. kthtsh macrumors newbie

Jul 28, 2004
    cue file with bin file are cdrwin format files.
    In windows, these files can mount by "Daemon Tools".

but in Mac os X, I don't know how to mount them.

plz, tell me how to mount in mac os x

(panther & imac flat panel using)
  8. Makosuke macrumors 603

Aug 15, 2001
    The Cool Part of CA, USA
    First off, assuming these are VCD (or SVCD) .bin and .cue files, you can start with VLC--it'll play them just fine without burning anything.

Second, MissingMediaBurner should burn the files you've got, and it's free to boot. I've admitedly never used it, but it supports .cue and .bin files and most standard CDR drives, so give it a shot.

There's a link to VLC above, and here's MissingMediaBurner (link's down the page a bit):
  9. 7on macrumors 601

Nov 9, 2003
    Dress Rosa
    Toast can burn/mount bin cues.

Attached Files:

10. Peter9 thread starter macrumors member

Jun 26, 2004
    sorry about the thread bump, but is it possible to burn these files to a cd-rw and watch them on a dvd player