Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jer446

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
Im trying to mount a bin file that i have downloaded.. I read stuffit does it.. but every time i open it with stuffit.. and the progress bar completes.. i dont see anything.. am i doing something wrong? If not, what other software can i try?

Also something different.. On the top of my screen.. normally there is the time, date, airport admin and i think some other stuff.. for the past couple days ive noticed it hasnt been there. .and i cant get it back.. i went to the clock settings in the preferences but it keeps unchecking the box that says show clock what can i do?

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
jer446 said:
Also something different.. On the top of my screen.. normally there is the time, date, airport admin and i think some other stuff.. for the past couple days ive noticed it hasnt been there. .and i cant get it back.. i went to the clock settings in the preferences but it keeps unchecking the box that says show clock what can i do?

Do you have the FrontRow hack installed?

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
jer446 said:
Im trying to mount a bin file that i have downloaded.
BIN can refer to all kinds of files, including ISO disk images (Particularly if there's a CUE file to go with it). Try using file from Terminal to see what kind of file it thinks it is.

You could try and rename it .ISO and see if you can mount it.

B

jer446

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
renaming to iso didnt work. and whats this about the frontrow hack?

jer446

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
i just did it in toast and it worked.. but doeas anyone know more about the frontrow thing??

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Yep...search the forums for something like "frontrow" and "menu" and you'll see lots of threads describing the same problem you're having. The first step is to get rid of the hack, but some people say that they're still having problems. Look around to see if they eventually had success.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.