Bin Laden close to capture?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by diamond geezer, Feb 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diamond geezer macrumors regular

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3510915.stm

2. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

how credible is this?

they are now waiting for the order to go in and get him?

yeah the last thing we need is more time.

anyways.... if this is true... im very surprised.

the capturing of sadam and osama are completley different. the reason its harder to get osama is because the guy is seen as a hero to many muslims in that area... while sadam is not.

thats why it was easier to get sadam i believe.... most muslims wanted him out because he killed so much of thier own people. thats my guess.

so if they do capture laden soon as this news stroy seems to be indicating.... then ill be very surprised.

3. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

The real reason is because our "allies" in Pakistan would not allow US forces to enter this border region.

4. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

I was going to post this earlier but couldn't seem to get it on the page. I am only trying to inject a little levity to the situation.

5. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

right...
    well that is certainly a big part of the situation but that doesnt eliminate the bigger aspect i pointed out earlier.

pakistan is a part of those people that idolize him. pakistan lets our troops in after him... pakistan then notifies osama that were coming in. pakistan is our allie to a point. damn buddy system.

thats my guess. i could be wrong.

6. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

"Boxed in" to over 100 square miles?

That's a big box.

7. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

Re: Bin Laden close to capture?

so we're waiting for, what, bush to drop a couple more points in the polls? or will it simply be done in october?

8. AMDMACMAN macrumors newbie

I would wait untill the last week in october. What a winner that idea would be. I am a Bush supporter and this would be killer for him. I would love it. A politically crafted capture right before the election. Heck if he is a sure capture why not wait untill it benefits you. Kerry would be toast.

9. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

iow, you approve of playing politics w/ national security. is this another example of bush's morality?

10. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

100 square miles or 100 miles square? Big difference! 100 square miles is a box just ten miles on a side. If it's really that small of an area, and he's really inside, I think they've got a shot. OTOH, if it's 100 miles square, that's almost the size of Massachusetts. Might be difficult to find him in an area that large.

11. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

Re: Re: Bin Laden close to capture?

I'm sure he'll take credit again even though he is just sitting on his butt, oh nope, my bad, he is nappng :D

12. AMDMACMAN macrumors newbie

the guy is living in a cave surronded by us military how is that a risk. what could he possible acomplish. everyone who ventures to far out(if this story is true) would be arrested or shot. why not wait. If he captures him too early the people would forget about it but if he does it latter on in september/october if will be fresh. I say wait as long as possible. But on the other hand if they can determine that Bin Laden is planing some big operation to destroy something of U.S. interest then take him out now. I do not condone waiting if it is a big risk.

Also, presidents alway take credit for their militaries actions. That is one of the benifits if someone has a problem with that dont take it out on bush take it out on the american system that has the President set up as comander and chief.

13. diamond geezer thread starter macrumors regular

Of course, apart from being morally wrong, if you wait around for a politically appropriate moment and the chicken flies the coop, you end up looking a right potato.

14. AMDMACMAN macrumors newbie

what is morally wrong about it. If you get the same end result then what is the difference. Why not do the same thing when it is most benifical to America. (yes having bush for 4 more years is benifical to ameica, IMO)

15. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Am I the only one thinking it's time for another IP check?

16. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    i've been thinking the same thing...

17. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

not at all. the trolling tactics are familiar.

18. AMDMACMAN macrumors newbie

I have done nothing wrong. All i have done is voice my opinion. It may be in contrast with yours but is this a place to freely voice opinions or is a liberal only club. Ban me if you wish, but what does that say about you. I as well as many have an opinion. I have not insulted anyone or belittled them in anyway.

19. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

And so is the spelling.

20. AMDMACMAN macrumors newbie

what you guys dont like my spelling(as if it matters). I admitt i can not spell but, what is this IP check about. I have a sneaking suspicion that their is an active plot to remove me from the forum.

21. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

and how many times have we seen this act?

22. AMDMACMAN macrumors newbie

Please tell me what is up. If i am to be banned i would rather be warned as to what i did wrong. I would rather avoid the political forum that be banned from the whole thing!!!! Just tell me if this is liberals only welcome forum and i will move along. I just never saw a posting telling me that conservatives need not post.

23. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

if you are one or more of g5man, ovi, sanfelipe, et. al., then you know exactly what's going on.

if you're not, then no, you are welcome to post according to the rules, regardless of your views. the more you use fact-based, reasoned debates, the more i and others will engage you. the more you resort to tired stereotypes and baiting, the more you'll be ignored.

but you'd be banned only for breaking the rules.

24. AMDMACMAN macrumors newbie

Well just to reply. I am non of the names you mentioned. As one could see, I am AMDMACMAN.

everything i had posted is based on the facts(as i see them). all facts are open to interpretation. I am just sick and tired of people playing monday moring quarterback with president bush. He has all the facts not us. all these conspiracy theories that republicans are out to get everyone, they dont make sense. It is a false sterotype that many around here use far to often.

there are obvious differences between republicans/conservatives and liberals/democrats. We all see pretty much the same info and we all come to different conclusions. It makes none of us stupid or blind. I am open to people debating me on "the issues" it just seems that when ever i defend a conservative act i am labled a: troll, baiter, idiot, or some other not so flatering thing. too many people here just like to post their ideas and then be backed up by like minded posters. Lets openly get some real debate and not just hatefull posts going back and forth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.