Bin Laden: Goal is to bankrupt U.S.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Feb 14, 2004
    Well, I hope everybody sees this before they vote tomorrow.

Far from being a boon to George Bush, bin Laden's latest electronic epistle seems to be saying what we've been saying for a while now: that Bush is playing right into his hands.

Is bin Laden making Bush his puppet, or what?

I just hope that people see this story tomorrow morning, before it's too late.

(Hey, isn't it time for another tax cut?)

Full story
  2. Archaeopteryx macrumors regular

Oct 4, 2003
    Damn that trickster, his next move will surly be the ole "I am president of Afghanistan, give me a few grand to pay for bank fees and we can split a few million"

He is so crafty!
  3. thatwendigo macrumors 6502a

Nov 17, 2003
    Sum, Ergo Sum.
    He's been crafty enough not have died yet, despite the might of the US intelligence and military machine being brought to bear upon him. You don't survive as the leader of a terrorist organization without being clever and resourceful.

Stupid terrorists die, but the smart ones live to strike again. It's that simple.
  4. solvs macrumors 603

Jun 25, 2002
    LaLaLand, CA
    Might help if we were actually looking for him.

As far as the bankruptcy thing is going, I'd blame that more on Bush than Bin Laden. Al Qaeda hurt us, but Bush is definitely making it worse.
  5. miloblithe macrumors 68020

Nov 14, 2003
    Washington, DC
    I don't know if the U.S. is a bankrupt-able as the USSR. I also don't think that Osama can claim to have single-handedly brought down the USSR any more than Reagan republicans could. There were a lot of factors and all was exposed in Gorby's effort to reform the country.

As for the U.S., the republican ideological commitment to low taxes and an unwinnable war in Iraq will be a serious drain, but I don't think we'll see the complete demise of the U.S in the next four years, but only because our rivals aren't ready in the next four years to surpass us.