Bin Laden releases new tapes

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by G4scott, Feb 11, 2003.

1. macrumors 68020

G4scott

2. macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Re: Bin Laden releases new tapes

And shooting up the chart with a flourish is M.C. O. Bin Laden, with his newest single on Flaming Turban records.......

Heehee. I want an Mp3 of it. So the RIAA can bust me. ;)

3. macrumors 6502

Foucault

So I guess he's still alive.... All the more reason to go to WAR!!! Woo hoo!!

4. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I don't see what benefit Bin Laden lending his 'support' to the people of Iraq is going to do except just get everyone all worked up. What's Sadam got to think on this one? He doesn't need any more problems and Bin Laden would be a problem, regardless on whether he's in the country or not.

D

5. macrumors 6502

The next tidbit of news should be coming from Iraq saying that they do not support Bin Laden and have no filiation with the terrorist group.

If not, I feel that the American people will overwhelmingly support a war with Iraq.

It's a waiting game...

Chad4Mac

6. macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    amazingly convenient timing isn't it?

the u.s. can't provide a link between osama and iraq and now "he" provides one for us...just in time to support our war....

yea, right.

the media's being played like a fiddle here.

7. thread starter macrumors 68020

G4scott

OK, here's the story on the tapes, as far as I know.

-They could be over a year old, because there is no proof of when they were created.

-The arab tv station that aired the tapes formerly denied the existance of such tapes.

This will probably raise the terrorism alert in the US, and at US embassays and military bases around the world. I can bet, though, that whoever was in charge of airing these tapes, whether or not they are fresh or not, really wants the US to go to war with Iraq. The only problem, is that now, it will fuel the fire for terrorism against the US and possibly our allies.

8. macrumors 68020

barkmonster

BS!!!!

In the UK we've had similar stories, right after they started going on about the hightened security around Heathrow Airport (even terrorists only focus on the south of England just like the government and media do, apparently).

There's been nothing other than vague reports of a possible threat today. Then later today, around the time you'd imagine the US governent had been at work for a few hours, we get this report of a new bin laden video.

9. macrumors 6502

Right. The U.S. made the tapes.

Anyway, Iraq still has the upper hand. It's quite simple: they release a statement saying we do don't support Bin Laden and we are working with the UN to solve this worldly problem.

That's what RATIONAL thinking countries do. But since were trying to reason with a IRRATIONAL country this won't happen.

Chad4Mac

10. macrumors 604

MrMacMan

God damn.

Bin Laden doesn't look any different. He looks exactally the same as the last videos. wait a minute...

what could that mean?

Oh well. I don't care any more.

11. macrumors newbie

God damn.

Bin Laden doesn't look any different. He looks exactally the same as the last videos. wait a minute...

what could that mean?

-It could mean that an audiotape was released today and the video on your screen is the same old stuff.

12. macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    actually, i was commenting on the timing of the tape's release...

but if you're blissfully naive enough to believe the government wouldn't stoop to creating evidence, then i've got some scenic coastal property to sell you.

enjoy your chocolates, forrest....
    :rolleyes:

13. macrumors member

If the US was creating the tape, don't you think the link would have been made much more plain? I didn't hear much of a solid link there other than bin Laden calling for and offering Saddam support. Also, was there no comment from bin Laden about the shuttle, a recent event that has been hailed by others as evidence for God's judgment on America? Seems a little out of character for him not to gloat over this. The fact that there is no video makes me wonder what's wrong with bin Laden. Did he have a sex change operation? Did his arms get blown off? Part of his face? Is he so sick that he looks like he's about to die? It's not hard to do a video. Canon ZR series cameran and a 12 inch powerbook make a mobile studio. Burn it on a DVD and it's easier to smuggle than an audio tape. Is it really him, or is he dead? We really can't tell.

14. job
    macrumors 68040

job

ah, but which media? ;)

Al-Jajazerra or CNN? :p

15. job
    macrumors 68040

job

Re: BS!!!!

What about the Algerian illegals/asylum seekers who were producing ricin?

Besides the fact they murdered a police officer...

16. macrumors 65816

3rdpath:

Paranoid.

17. macrumors P6

wdlove

The tape should not have been released by our media without our government having a chance to check for any secret code. By government estimates there are approximately 5,000 Al Qaeda members is the US. The media should not help bin Laden pass on messages on to his troops. :(

18. macrumors 68020

barkmonster

We were lucky they were caught it time, who knows what they could have done.

It's the timing of both the heathrow security increase and the bin laden tape being within apparent hours of each other that I'm refering to.

NOT all recent news items relating to terrorism!

It's a little too convenient timing for both news items to come out on the same day.

Unless I'm reading too much into it and they released the tape after the security increase so they didn't alarm people by doing it the otherway round. I can only imagine the panic if the bin laden tape was known about publically before the tanks and troops rolled into heathrow to assist the police. People would think all kinds of irrational things.

19. macrumors newbie

You are all being played

My gosh, the ministry of deception and propaganda must be laughing at how easy everyone takes it all in. Give me a break!

Here is the latest from John Ashcroft. Remember Germany 1930s, everyone went along for the ride. Of course those of us speaking out may soon not be able to. The fabrication of external enemies is always the classic means of state manipulation, why do you think there always is one?

Canada here I come.

"
    John Ashcroft has created closely-guarded draft-legislation that extends the powers of the Patriot Act in ways not previously imagined by the average, trusting citizen. PBS calls it "a sweeping expansion of the government's police powers." Secret arrests of U.S. citizens. Stripping of U.S. citizenship. Surveillance of citizens without judicial sanction or oversight. Powers so frightening to one insider that he or she leaked the document to the non-partisan Center for Public Integrity, which, in turn, gave it to PBS to place on its web site. (see below) CPI's Charles Lewis tells PBS's Bill Moyers (see below), "The realm between public and private, between foreign and domestic, all these things have morphed into the citizen against all of this out there — this morass of regulations and rules and intrusions. And at the same time they can come after you, get your credit card data, your library records, your Internet searching, everything. And they'll decide whether or not you're a suspect or not. Whether or not they like you. If you're a disfavored political group, or from the wrong ethnic background, then you might become on the radar screen of some folks that you don't know about, you can't find out about, and they can do things. They have — this is incredible power." Lewis notes that the Ashcroft draft-legislation was leaked now so that people would know about it and do something to stop it before we're in the middle of a war or a terrorist attack: "I'm afraid they're waiting for a war or something and then they're gonna pop this baby out and then try to jam it through." --Politex, 02.08.03

20. thread starter macrumors 68020

G4scott

Ok, before anybody else goes off about how the media is jumping the gun playing the tapes and such, remember that it was that major arab TV network (Al Jazeera?) that played these tapes, even though they had previously denied existence of such tapes. The US, and other news agencies, are just reporting on what another news agency is airing.

There is also no mention of when the tapes were made. They could be really old.

The government also knew about these tapes hours before they were broadcasted by anybody. Colin Powell had mentioned something earlier in the day to congress, or some other group.

What we need to do, is position all of our troops, and have them ready for war in Iraq, and give saddam his final warning: Show us everything you've got, or tell us who you sold/gave it to, or we will OWN your sorry little @$$... I have a feeling that the reason saddam is refusing to comply with un resolutions and show us any weapons that we know he has produced, is becasue he has sold some of them to terrorist groups. This is a scarry thought. Either we take out Saddam soon, or force him to destroy whatever WMD's and chemical weapons he's got, because sooner or later, they will most likely end up in the hands of terrorists, if they aren't already.

21. macrumors newbie

Tony Blair

By the way for everyone that trusts in their Government. The UK is an uproar over Tony Blair misleading the House of Commons. Apparently the secret intelligence dossier presented to the house and praised by Colin Powell included 9 pages plagerized from a US students Phd thesis on the 1990 Gulf War. Basically Blair passed off 1990 information as current.

British Intelligence even called leading UK newspapers to say they didn't have anything to do with the report.

In order to justify the war, they have prove the connection with terrorists because everyone reallly knows that Sadaam doesn't have the intention or capability to attack USA. They need this connection badly and la Voila Bin Laddy turns up again.

Isn't this a board for computer people, they can do anything they want.

1990 lies - Iraqis stole incubators - truth, story invented by New York PR agency

Powell presents photos of Iraqis on Saudi border - Florida journalist proves the pictures are false when she orders her own satelite photos.

Afghanistan - no way to prove Satelite photos anymore, US bought up all commericial rights. They live and learn and get smarter.

Remember Germany, everyone went along for the ride. Are you riding this time?

22. macrumors member

DUCK!

Here comes another black helicopter!

23. macrumors demi-god

LethalWolfe

Okay, so where's Don't Hurt Me? We need another zealot to counter-balance Macdiehard. :D

Lethal

24. macrumors 65816

Yes, that's an old photo. When you only have audio they show a picture of the person talking or something for the viewer to look at.

25. macrumors 6502

Oh dear. Calm down weeman.

Who's playing the media's fiddle?

Chad4Mac