Binaura audio technology

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by KarlEdmunds, Dec 13, 2006.

1. KarlEdmunds macrumors member

Apr 12, 2006

I have been reading a few sites selling products boasting Binaural audio technology and as you can imagine, the sites certainly make you want to buy the CD set.

However I was wondering if anybody here had tried it, or atleast point me in the direction of some proven research rather than quoted text with no reference.

The site I was looking at today is but I first encountered this sort of audio technology froma different site which sold about six different packages, and was more expensive. Can't remember the URL unfortunately.

What are peoples opinions?

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    JVC did a lot of research in the 1970s and sold a microphone set, as well as headphones to take advantage of it but I've still not found any products in the real world.
  3. KarlEdmunds thread starter macrumors member

Apr 12, 2006
    I'm interested in this technology as I would love to improve my intellectual ability. I personally have a great deal of trouble at university learning material and get distracted so easily.

The Focus 2-Disc set is only $20, so I might just take the plunge, with delivery it's only about £15 which isn't much especially since it has a money back guarantee of 8 months.

I was hoping somebody here had tried something similar and could provide me with some useful info. I'll let everybody know how it went if there is anybody interested.

I'm not sure how the link you posted is relevant to this, although there is a reason I'm interested in improving my mental ability so maybe you could enlighten me :p

4. bartelby macrumors Core

Jun 16, 2004
    I didn't click the link in the OP post.:eek:
    and I read the title as Binaural audio.:eek: :eek:
  5. KarlEdmunds thread starter macrumors member

Apr 12, 2006
    I'll confess I didn't explore your link properly either:eek:

Maybe I have ADD :p