BioShock 2 Arrives On the Mac App Store

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 30, 2012.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Feral Interactive is serving up BioShock 2 to Mac users via the Mac App Store, two years after it arrived on the PC. It costs $30.99 on the Mac App Store, or via Feral directly. The game does include a multiplayer component as well.

Feral is dedicated to bringing major game titles to the Mac, and has taken to the Mac App Store in a big way. The company already sells a Mac version of BioShock 1, amongst a number of other titles.

[​IMG]

Minimum system requirements for the game are a bit steep, unsurprisingly: Processor: 2.0 GHz, RAM: 4GB, Graphics: 256MB, Free Space: 10GB. The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, NVIDIA 9400, NVIDIA 7xxx series and Intel GMA series.

BioShock 2 is available for $30.99 on the Mac App Store. [Direct Link]

BioShock 1 is also available for $29.99. [Direct Link]

Article Link: BioShock 2 Arrives On the Mac App Store

2. macrumors 6502

Yesterday news (really I saw it yesterday ^^).

Still great! (hoping for a refreshed Mac mini or iMac to fully enjoy it)

If only we could avoid waiting years for a port of the third Bioshock!

3. macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

4. macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

5. macrumors newbie

Liddle

30$? Are you joking ?

Got both games for 10$ on Steam, i'm not saying they should sell it for 5$ but 30$ is way too expensive

6. macrumors 6502

7. macrumors 601

Icaras

Was that both games for $10? Or each for $10.

You can't compare what you got at Steam for sale price and compare it to the standard price at the Mac App Store. When you do that, you over blow the proportional prices between both stores, which is unfair really. Right now both games sell for $19.99 each on Steam, roughly $10 cheaper than what sells currently in the Mac App store. Yea, $20 difference seems outrageous, but $10 seems like pretty much the standard price hike for Mac games. Please remember that developers run sales all the time on the Mac App store too, so it would be fair to compare prices when Feral decides to do that.

I do think however that, given the age of Bioshock 1, that now I think it is overpriced on the Mac App Store. I actually thought Feral would have dropped the price of it by now to commemorate the release of BS2. Oh well.

8. macrumors member

I agree. I'd probably buy both if they were at $9.99 each, but man. This seems to be a poor business decision.

Personally, I think both games are great - a little violent, but one of the best games I've played in the past few years. Bioshock 1 is still the best of the two though.

9. macrumors member

These games are awesome! People who are "meh"ing them are either morons or never played them. They are too expensive though. Way too expensive.

10. macrumors 6502a

JasonR

When you consider that console titles are $50....$30 ain't bad.

I played the first bioshock on my 360 and really enjoyed. I rented the second one, but couldn't get into it as much. Maybe I should give it another shot...

11. macrumors 68020

Why do we have to wait 2 years still!?!?!?!?!

Arrggghhh!!!!!!!!!

12. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

Sadly when it's a 2 year old game, one that in hindsight people have said wasn't really very good either, and one which can routinely be picked up for sub $10 on any other platform - it is bad.

Feral just took too long with this. If it was out within 3 months of PC title, fair enough. But they've missed the boat on this one.

13. macrumors newbie

Liddle

Paid 5$ for each, and yeah it was %50 off. But still, it's a 2 years old game and as i appreciate the effort that Feral Inc., it shouldn't be 30$

14. macrumors G3

roadbloc

:eek:

How much? Much cheaper on Steam. For both games.

15. macrumors 6502a

JasonR

Well, good point. I'd much rather play a game on my 52" TV than my 27" Display. lol

Wow...I just sounded like a fanboy. My TV is like 2.5 years old so don't get too excited.

16. macrumors 68020

For OSX?

17. macrumors regular

Of course you did, because they were on sale at the time. Just like stuff on the Apple store tends to go on sale from time to time. Right now (today) there isn't much of a price difference between this and the steam version. Know what makes up for the extra $10? The fact that this version isn't ruined by GFWL :rolleyes:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/hskr0/thats_it_im_done_from_now_on_i_am_checking_every/

18. macrumors 6502a

100Teraflops

The Bio Shock series is awesome! Glad to see Mac get it! Hey, better late than never. ;)

Now for Apple to spend some money in their piggy bank and begin developing video games! They know they want too... :D

19. macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

I'm "meh"ing them because I already have the cheaper version on steam. Like most people already do.

Also I don't want to play games on my MBP when I can run them on my vastly superior windows box.

20. macrumors 68020

I don't already have a cheaper version from Steam.

I don't run Windows.

I don't game on a "vasty superior Windows box".

Hmmmm, odd that I mistakenly thought we were on macrumors forums, talking about a Mac version of a game.

Weird.

21. macrumors 65816

striker33

$30?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Its like $5 used on consoles.

22. macrumors 6502

There are 4 Macs in my household. When I purchase an app I can install it on all 4 systems. Does steam work the same way or would I have to purchase the game 4 times?

23. macrumors 6502

24. macrumors 68000

kiljoy616

Played them on PC and they where fun, great graphics. I liked the story behind them which was actually interesting. Don't know bout 360 but on ps3 but for FPS console to me are not very good or fun. I find racing and side scrawling games to be great on console.

To bad console have become the norm and graphics have taken a dive in so many game franchise just to allow console to compete with desktops. Oh well $$ is what matters in the end.

25. macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted

Bioshockkkkkk all the way.
    Love ge fact that the mac store is being used more and more. Such a good concept and well into adoption