'BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode 2' Expansion Pack Hits Mac and PC Simultaneously

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 25, 2014.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The latest expansion pack to BioShock Infinite has launched simultaneously on the Mac and PC. Burial at Sea - Episode 2 is the third and final add-on pack for BioShock Infinite and is included in the season pass for that game.

It is available on the Mac for $15 on Steam and Aspyr's GameAgent.com store, and will be added to the Mac App Store later this week. BioShock Infinite ($30) is required to play the expansion packs, with the three-episode season pass available for $20.
    BioShock Infinite, its related expansion packs, and BioShock 1 and 2 are available on Steam, GameAgent.com and the Mac App Store.

Article Link: 'BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode 2' Expansion Pack Hits Mac and PC Simultaneously

2. macrumors 68030

tymaster50

Downloading now on ps3, can't wait. It is about 3 gigs

3. macrumors 6502a

melendezest

People still game on the Mac? Isn't that what BootCamp is for? :p

4. macrumors 68000

69Mustang

Been waiting on this. You're right. 1.6+ GB for BaSE2.1 and 1.2+GB for BaSE2.2 (360). Hopefully that means a fairly in-depth wrap up.

5. macrumors 65816

Downloading on Xbox 360, thanks for the heads up!

6. macrumors regular

Heard it's over 5 hours long. Ep. 1 seemed rushed, but this better be good. This is the last Ken Levine Bioshock game to release :(

7. macrumors 6502

Great job to everyone at Aspyr for getting this out on the same day as PC! I had forgotten it was even out today, as I assumed we'd be in for a wait on Mac. You guys have done and outstanding job with this port, and this is just the icing on the cake for all your customers. Now I'm off to play!

8. macrumors regular

Exotic-Car Man

That's not what Valve thinks. They want you to be gaming on Linux. And if you're going to develop for Linux, you might as well develop for OS X as well.

Agreed. Aspyr usually does a pretty good job of getting expansions out on Mac the same day as PC.

9. macrumors 601

Icaras

Waiting for the Mac App Store version :)

----------

Hell yes people do! :D

10. macrumors regular

Boot Camp kills battery, in my personal experience. It's probably me taking Mavericks power management for granted and Windows sucking at graphics card switching, though.

11. macrumors 6502a

Gaming on OS X has never been healthier. Bootcamp is a total non-starter for me, and I play a lot of games.
    Look on Steam, Feral and Aspyr sites.

12. macrumors G3

roadbloc

Epic. I look forward to giving this a spin. At 9GB this better be good.

13. macrumors 6502a

melendezest

Hahaha, sorry guys!

My ability for sarcasm is not what it used to be. I thought the ":p" implied it.

Game on, fellas, game on!

14. macrumors 6502

I agree with you. The problem as I see it is the performance difference in Windows compared to OS X. Quite a lot better in ”heavier scenes”*in Windows.

15. macrumors 6502

16. macrumors 6502

17. macrumors 6502

18. macrumors 6502a

CrazyForApple

I wish every game would be on Mac simultaneously with PC but that will never happen. Sadly.