Birds driving me crazy

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jamesmcd, Jul 21, 2006.

1. jamesmcd macrumors 6502a

jamesmcd

Ok, since this is a relatively user-friendly forum, I will try to use as many euphemisms as possible...:eek:

I have two male birds, Budgieregars to be precise, whom I have owned between 2-4 years. The two birds are tame, however they are kept seperate.

For the past, like, year... it seems that all these birds want to do all day is...um... bash the bishop/release the hostages/choke the chicken etc.

It is driving me insane because they make these horrible little mating calls and it is almost impossible to have them around with company.

I am sure they are not supposed to do this for the entire friggen year. Does anyone else on this forum have bird problems similar to mine? I have no idea if there is a way to convince them to stop.

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Have you tried asking nicely? :)

...or better yet, place them in separate rooms ...or even better yet, get them their own room. ;)

3. jamesmcd thread starter macrumors 6502a

jamesmcd

They started out in different rooms, then moved to same rooms, then seperated, but still, they continue to 'manually increase the surface temperature of the ship's primary cannon by repeated linear manipulation.' :D

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

He-he... I can sympathize with you... the place where we lived before (ironically downtown with relatively few birds) there was this one nocturnal bird which sat up all night making the same loud squeak/whistle noise about once a minute on average all night. The bird was even mentioned in the local newspaper as a pain in the a**. Didn't actually miss that when we moved two years ago... ;)

Funny thing, we was back in the old neighbourhood at night just a week ago (after a movie) guess which bird was still active... :D

I'm so glad that the only nocturnal flying creatures up here where we live now are Eagle Owl (and probably other smaller, less visible/audible owls) which is relatively quiet and a couple of bats that are well outside my hearing range...

5. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Maybe you just need a girl budgerigar so that they can wax their carrots.

6. medea macrumors 68030

medea