Birmingham, Al - Summit Store

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by carrako, Jun 15, 2010.

1. carrako macrumors regular

Anyone one here going to be doing a in-store pickup at The Summit in Bham? What time do you guys think a line will start forming?

I havent done a early in-store pickup from Apple before, I got both earlier iPhones delivered. How were the lines for the 3G and 3GS?

2. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

If the white is available for launch date...I'll be one of the crazies standing in line there. :D
    When the 3g came out there was a good 50 people there a few hours early...

3. carrako thread starter macrumors regular

Well since i cant seem to get a delivered iphone order process at this time, I am going to keep my in store pickup that I managed to get at 3:30 am this morning. I just really did not want to have to deal with long lines and semi-camping out

4. jsimpson macrumors regular

jsimpson

The line for the 3G was pretty rough and they had activation issues, the 3GS wasn't bad at all and the activation issues were minimal. I have a feeling this one might be crazy so I'll be there early (5am give or take). If you have never been to an iDay bring a lawn chair and your laptop or iPad or what have you.... it helps make the time go by. LOL See you there!

5. autumnsong macrumors member

autumnsong

first launch day

I'll be there bright and early, not sure how early yet. I don't think I have it in me to be there by 5. I'll be heartbroken if they sell out before I get one though. Ugh.

6. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

yeah, I don't think anyone camps out a week beforehand here. :)

7. jwehrwein macrumors newbie

Birmingham, AL

What time you guys that pre-ordered going to get there?

8. jsimpson macrumors regular

jsimpson

9. jwehrwein macrumors newbie

cool...I guess ill get there around 5 A.M. too. If there is a long line at 5 im not staying. My pre-order, (according to 2 of the Apple store reps) will be held for me all day. I would like to have it at 7:00, but its not worth having to wait in line till 10 am. How quick does the line move? I have never waited in the lines before, always had them shipped.

10. jsimpson macrumors regular

jsimpson

Like I said the 3GS line went fast and had no issues but the 3G was a nightmare due to the activation issues. I'm hoping it's not like that again since this thing was bringing down AT&T servers on Tuesday just to order it. I'll wait it out that morning though and try and stay as positive as I can if things get slow.

11. TheBama macrumors 6502

TheBama

Have a reservation for a 32g, but like others don't trust it with all of the ordering problems. Plan to be there early. How early? I really don't know as this is my first Apple store morning. For 3G I waited in the hell that was AT&T's line. 3GS I went to the Apple Store in the afternoon and had to wait in the blazing sun for several hours. Would much rather go early this time.

12. ericadams01 macrumors newbie

I plan on getting there around 6 am hopefully there won't be a very long line.

13. NextGen123 macrumors newbie

Camping out

Anyone camping out at the store prior to the release. Seriously thinking about getting there by 430 since I dont have a reservation

14. jsimpson macrumors regular

jsimpson

I have a reservation but I'm getting there early (not camping) hoping that I'll spend time in line early and not into the morning when it's getting hot. ;)

15. witnessthefunk macrumors newbie

witnessthefunk

I think I will be there at 6am...I will do a drive by@ midnight to see how bad the line is. I have a reservation but I want to be in and out by 8:45 AM.

16. jwehrwein macrumors newbie

17. witnessthefunk macrumors newbie

witnessthefunk

I live 3 minutes away from the summit apple store and I have to pass it everyday going to work....so I will report in this thread what the lines are looking like. :cool:

18. NextGen123 macrumors newbie

what would be awesome...at this point, looking at the other meetups, I would predict the line is going to be longer than anticipated...

19. AlabamaAllstar macrumors newbie

Ill be coming from Montgomery, I preordered, Im going to try to get up there around 5-5:30...

20. jccook1 macrumors newbie

Well apparently, according to the Summit, nobody is allowed to be on property or to line up until 5:30 AM... Any suggestions?

21. GAINER32 macrumors newbie

I'll prob have to get there early since I don't have a pre-order. There will be ip4's for regular walk-ups right?

This will be my first iphone and I'm pretty siked about it. Long time mac user first time iphone user.

22. TheBama macrumors 6502

TheBama

Who told you this?

23. witnessthefunk macrumors newbie

witnessthefunk

hmmm...I don't think they can monitor the entire property like that....I see cars parked out there 2-3 in the morning all of the time. I guess we will see.

24. AlabamaAllstar macrumors newbie

I just called the Apple Store to confirm my preorder and everything is good. Also asked about not being able to line up before 5:30 and the associate (Ned) said he never heard of that rule, so take it for whats it worth...

25. jccook1 macrumors newbie

The Summit. "5:30 is the earliest you can be on the property." That's what I don't get. People were there for the iPad just a few months ago at 2:30AM. What time are you getting there?