Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simie

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2004
Sitting
Just recieved an email from Apple

Come and celebrate the newest Apple Store.
The Apple Store, Bullring, is opening on April 29. Be one of the first to experience all the new Apple products, and attend the Tiger World Premiere event. Don't be late - the first 1400 customers get a free T-shirt.

Tiger unleashed.
Experience Mac OS X v10.4 "Tiger" first-hand, by joining us any time between 6:00 p.m. and midnight for an in-depth introduction. Learn about the new features of Mac OS X through demos and free workshops. And grab a scratch card to win a PowerBook G4, iPod or other prizes while cards last*. We have a lot of events planned for the entire year so don't forget to pick up the Calendar of Events while you're there.

A great place to shop. A great place to learn.
The Apple Store is more than just a great place to check out new hardware and software. Whether you are new to Apple or a seasoned pro, you can take advantage of learning opportunities every day of the year.

Attend workshops.** Come to our ongoing classes for business owners, pros, or anyone who's interested. Topics include converting from PC to a Mac.

Expand on your ideas. Learn about creating slideshows with iPhoto or composing music with GarageBand, right in the store.

Meet a Mac Genius. Schedule an appointment to visit the Genius Bar and get answers to your tough questions, including tips on how to advance your skills on a Mac.

Business solutions every day.
The Apple Store has everything for your business needs, from innovative products and solutions to commercial financing programs to a range of service and support options. Discover how to run your business smoothly when you come in and talk with one of our Business Consultants. And learn even more every Wednesday on Business Day.

Come and celebrate the newest Apple Store, right in Birmingham.

Uma888

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2005
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Here you go :D (Taken on a Samsung D500)
Photo-0066.jpg

Photo-005.jpg

Sorry i couldnt get pictures, the bullring security were looking at me funny :D

Chimera

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2004
Surrey, England
Great pics from a camera phone. The store is looking good on the outside and it definately stands out from the other shops, on the inside is this going to like the few 'mini' stores or like the usual?

john_satc

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2005
B'ham Uk
wow ! it looks great! i normally check each time i go into town (ever day really) if there have been any changes and the one time i dont they open it up! arghh! thanks for the pictures cant wait for friday!

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
john_satc said:
those of u who didnt see the front before - this is it.

2405848_30a9898f57.jpg

so it has gone through a big change- no wonder it took so long

In 10 minutes the took off the entire front of the building where the Apple logo is???

I guess Macs really ARE more productive!

thequicksilver

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2004
Birmingham
What time is everyone planning on arriving there?

I'm free all day Friday but don't want to sit there on my own like a lemon all afternoon if no need.

john_satc

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2005
B'ham Uk
thequicksilver said:
What time is everyone planning on arriving there?

I'm free all day Friday but don't want to sit there on my own like a lemon all afternoon if no need.

as long as at least 1 of my mates comes , i will. and probs get there at 4 after they finish school . so yeah , around 4. and if there is no queue hang around till there is. dont want to be the first standing outside waiting

abrooks

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2004
London, UK
Can anyone confirm whether the store as two floors, from the images posted it looks quite possible but I wonder if anyone can confirm.

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Nov 22, 2001
UK
I watched the opening from the start of the queue, went to the pub for a few hours + then came back. still had an hour wait though. Got the T-****.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.