Birthday is soon...what to get?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by MacAztec, Aug 27, 2002.

1. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Hey everyone. My birthday is in a few days, and i have a choice of a few things to get.

First, I want some speakers. I am looking at either the CSW "Soundworks" or the CSW "FPS2000". Macs dont support 4.1, so I think i may stick with the Soundworks, what do you think?

I am already going to get Full Size bed frame. I have a twin, its a big upgrade for me :D Ikea is the shop :)

I may get a cordless telephone. I want to get 2.4GHZ Digital Spread Spectrum ...it makes a difference. I guess I want to get silver. Any reccomendations?

And my last item is a lamp for my desk. I think I have it picked out from ikea...silver :D Any ideas??

Oh yea, im buying a Radeon Mac Edition for myself for 70 dollars tomorrow, for QE

-my wishlist :) :D :p :cool: :rolleyes:

2. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

Watch out for the 2.4Ghz phone if you're using Airport... I don't have any trouble with mine, but I have heard of people having interference issues.

Other than that... have a good birthday!

3. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Thanks

I will make sure to watch out with that phone ;)

Cleo, do you have speakers? Or have you had any experience with CSW computer speakers?

4. vniow macrumors G4

I don't know if Cleo does, but I've got a 5.1 Inspire 5300 on my PC. What do you want to know about them?

5. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Well

How do they sound? Do you like CSW and their quality? How is the bass and stuff?

6. MacUser1 macrumors 6502

MacUser1

2.4 GHz

yeah, that's a good point. I had a 2.4 GHz phone "base station" and several handsets and AirPort and one of the handsets was having major problems. I talked to the company and they sent me a new phone and i've had no problems with it. :)

7. vniow macrumors G4

Re: Well

If you're taking about the Cambridge, I can't help you much, but the Cambridge and the Inspire series are similar so there are somethings I can comment on. The satellites are pretty good for their size and price. They can get plenty loud without distorting too much. The subwoofer on the other hand sucks donkey balls. Whenever I turn my music up too loud, the subwoofer always thumps because it's a little too much bass for 18 watts. There's a little knob on the back to control bass level that I'm constantly adjusting. It's great for DVDs, but terrible for drum-and-bass music. I'd replace it, but it's also my speaker amplifier. :(
    As for their quality, they're pretty well built considering I bought them for $100. :D So I can recommend the Inspire series or Cambridge (if that's what you're talking about) only if you don't like a lot of bass. Otherwise get something else, or if you already have a decent subwoofer, you could probably fabricate some kind of connection to it since the speakers are connected by RCA cables.
    :)

8. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Look...

I like mega-bass. I want to have my pictures rattling, but i dont want to spend over like 110 dollars. I heard from King Cobra that the Cambridge "SoundWorks" or FPS2000 had MEGA-bass. I mean loud!!

Right now, the woofer im using is pretty good, because when i got my Aiwa stereo a few years back, they gave me a free 75 dollar woofer. My speakers are Yamaha, and have too much distortion when they get loudd

9. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I got an AT&T 900 MHz DSS phone (model 9400--it was only $30 at Wal-Mart) and it's quite good especially with all the cordless phones in the neighbourhood. I would have expected some echos or something but it's very clear.

I have CSW DTT2500 and it's good. It's not Bose good though. I have those in the other room. The bass from the CSW speakers is a bit boomy, but you might like it.

Hope you have a good birthday! :)

10. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

11. giovanni macrumors regular

radeon mac edition

MacAztec,
    where are you getting the radeon mac edition for $70 ? which radeon are you talking about ?

and happy birthday !

12. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Thanks!

Hehe, thanks for wishing me a happy birthday.

The Radeon Mac Edition AGP 32MB DDR w/ADC is being bought from a friend who is upgrading to a Radeon 8500. I think its a good deal, and I get QE, so I will get it!

BTW, any comments on Cambridge Soundworks Speakrs and Bass?

13. Rajj macrumors 6502a

Rajj

Dude, good luck finding quailty bass speakers <150 USD;)

14. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

you can get pretty decent speakers with good bass for not too much these days. i just got a set of Altec Lansing AVS500's for AU$150. they've got awesome bass, enough to shake the walls of my room & be illegally loud.:D :D :D

15. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

hey Happy Birthday man! :D

hope u had a great one...and definitely hope u enjoy your new toys! ;)

16. Draft macrumors 6502

Re: Birthday is soon...what to get?

I don't know if it already happened, but if you are going to get a phone, get a Uniden. I've never had a problem with mine. It's still working on the original, 5 year old battery, and even though it's just 900 MHz I still get crystal clear reception no matter where I am. From what I understand, Uniden also makes plenty of other quality products.

Later,
    Draft

17. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Hehe, thanks. Didnt do or get anything yet, because of football taking all day. Im celebrating it on Sunday i think