Bit Torrent Tutorial

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by zakthemack, Oct 6, 2004.

1. zakthemack macrumors member

I did a search for this in the forums here but couldn't really come up with a basic tutorial. I have installed the most up to date version of bit torrent for OS X on my pb 12.1. Unfortunately I'm coming up short when it comes to actually downloading things. For instance when I start the app, all I get is this blank box that seemingly has very few options. Per the readme, it sounds like I need to add my own files, in the form of a torrent? Excuse my ignorance, just wondered if anyone could add some basic guidance, as I've never used bt. Thanks very much. Zak.

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

The BitTorrent app will not find things for you to download, you need to download .torrent files from BitTorrent "trackers" (websites where you download the torrent from), once you have the torrent you open it up with your BitTorrent app and it will start downloading from available peers (other people who have the same torrent and are sharing the file).

3. zakthemack thread starter macrumors member

can you recommend some mac friendly torrent trackers? Thanks.

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

All torrent trackers are mac friendly. Any torrent will download using a Mac client.

5. zakthemack thread starter macrumors member

Thanks very much, I browsed supernova briefly. Found Red Dwarf, recommended highly by a friend. Was looking for ID as well, but didn't see it. Either way, thanks very much for the help.