Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saucy1360

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Jailbroke my phone yesterday, been using biteSMS... can someone explain the whole quick reply/quick compose situation? What's the difference? And when I get a message, how do I keep the "reply" button there without having to swipe?

Luminyx

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2010
Quick Reply - You get a text message and you want to quickly reply to it. Instead of getting out of a game or Safari or any other application you're in, you can hit "Reply" and you can reply to the message on the screen. You can even do this in your lockscreen. In order to not swipe to get to the "Reply" option, open up your biteSMS and click on the setting icon in the top right corner (get out of any message you're in). Go to where you see "Quick Reply". Then, "Configure Buttons". You are able to reorder the buttons. My layout for the first three is Later, Open, and Send (the Send will be a Reply).

Quick Compose - First of all, I use Activator and set swiping the status bar down to open a quick compose. This is when you want to send a message to someone, but not necessarily a reply. You put the recipient first (which searches through your address book, or you can look through your favorites), and type a message. You can configure the buttons for Quick Compose as well as I mentioned in Quick Reply.

saucy1360

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
ohh, ok. i see, thank you. how do i get activator? sorry, totally new to this whole thing.

Luminyx

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2010
It's alright. I'm pretty new to all of this myself. Look it Activator in Cydia. Once installed, it will show up in your Settings. There, you can customize many gestures (as I mentioned with the swiping down of the status bar).

saucy1360

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
activator doesn't seem to be working for me. tried left swipe, right swipe, swipe down... none worked. did a respring also. would a reinstall fix it?

Luminyx

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2010
still not working. hm

You went to Settings -> Activator -> (chose an option Anywhere, At Home Screen, In Application, At Lock Screen), and assigned appropriately? I was confused at first when I had Activator. I had no idea what it did, and it wasn't until a week later I realized I had to assign certain things to certain gestures for it to work. Silly me :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.