iPhone BiteSMS

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TeamHotch, Feb 5, 2013.

1. macrumors member

TeamHotch

Although its working well i have an annoying bug that i can't find a fix for, i've posted on there forum with no luck. If i get a text no matter who its from the sender shows as
    H......
    K......

Its very annoying. Anyone aware of a fix? or another apps with Quick reply i could use instead? Getting a text and not seeing who its from is a little pointless imo.

2. macrumors member

It happened to me and then I found out that it is not compatible so I deleted it...;)

3. macrumors 6502

So good to know bitesms isn't working yet. So I don't install it.

4. thread starter macrumors member

TeamHotch

It claims to be 6.1 ready, and ip5 compatible but theres certainly bugs that need sorting out.. lol..

5. macrumors 68040

boshii

BiteSMS is working fine for me. iPhone 5 on 6.1

6. macrumors regular

I have biteSMS 7.2 installed and it's working just fine on my iPhone 5. The only issue that I have with it is that when I was testing iMessage on myself, I ended up receiving the iMessage twice. So for example, sent on message, but then received the same message twice.

When I asked my friends if they received duplicate messages from me, they said they didn't. So who knows.

7. macrumors regular

Check your Privacy settings and try setting everything "On". I dont have a second phone to text me and try but maybe its a privacy issue that it doesnt want to show the full name, but rather the first letter of the contact.

My BiteSMS is working perfectly fine and I love it.

8. macrumors 604

mcdj

very informative subject line.

9. thread starter macrumors member

TeamHotch

It informs you the question is about bitesms. What more do you want? an essay?

----------

Nice idea, just checked everything is set to on

10. macrumors 6502

I have bitesms 7.2 on my iphone 5 running 6.1. Works perfectly.

11. macrumors regular

Exact same here

12. macrumors 6502a

same here.

13. macrumors 68030

From A Buick 8

Also works on mine (5 running 6.1). I am sure you have done this allready but have you rebooted or trid to uninstal and then install it again.

14. thread starter macrumors member

TeamHotch

Yeah done both, and tried turning privacy off then on again.

15. macrumors 68030

From A Buick 8

Just asking but what phone and iOS do you have.

16. macrumors newbie

Working on my iPhone 5 version 7.1

17. thread starter macrumors member

TeamHotch

Iphone 4 on 6.1

18. macrumors member

iPhone 5 6.1. The only problem I have is if I'm in cydia and someone text me, when I reply it kicks me out of cydia back to the home screen.

19. macrumors newbie

I have this weird bug where if I want to remove a message preview from the lockscreen by tapping on the little "x" at the side.. it doesn't do anything so it's rendered useless. anyone know why that happens?

20. macrumors 6502a

Need to instal bitesms from their beta repo. Make sure to have version 7.2.

21. macrumors regular

the problem im having is only for certain ppl I can see what they texted me and with others cant see the words only who its from im on ip4 6.1 bitesms 7.2.1

22. macrumors member

SAVAGE5

Working fine on i5

23. macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

FYI You do not need to add the beta repo to install 7.2. 7.2 is the latest public release on the BigBoss Repo. I have this version installed and I have none of the problems mentioned here and I haven't experienced any bugs myself. The only thing that happened to me was a tiny hiccup when I first installed it and started using it. What happened was, text messages from people in my phone book showed up without their names displayed. It showed their telephone number instead. The solution is explained in the changelog entry for 7.2. For anyone else that is experiencing this and they don't know why or how they can fix it, the changelog says....

"Note: The first time you install biteSMS it asks for access to your Contacts, you must say YES. Then you need to restart biteSMS (kill from dock) before the contact names will appear instead of contact numbers. This is a once-off issue only. We are trying to locate a permanent coding fix for this."

24. macrumors 6502a

It wasn't available as a public release yesterday. Per there site it was waiting to be uploaded but was delayed to to big boss repo issues the first day. That's why many people installed 7.1 and had issues. Glad to hear its available as a public release now.

25. macrumors member

use the beta repo for the bleeding edge newest version: cydia.bitesms.com

oops. already posted above me. it's on 7.3.1 now. or 7.2.1. i'm sleep-deprived so i can't recalll.