BitPim, Bluetooth ComPort and OS X...need help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by qtip919, Aug 10, 2005.

1. qtip919 macrumors 6502

Hi,

For some reason, I cant seem to connect to my phone using bluetooth with bitpim. I know people can connect to this same phone using bitpim + data cable...and Im sure this works for windows XP and bitpim

I think my problem lies in my com port settings. Its very difficult to find the actual "port number" in os X...

under bluetooth preferences, it lists a com port with some sort of weird nomenclature combination of the phone name ... does anyone know a simple way to find the com port?

[edit] - Changed the title to describe the problem better

2. mark10197 macrumors member

I had the same issue to. You need to first establish a connection with your phone using apple's bluetooth connection. Once you have done that, open BitPim. Then open the BitPim preferences, You should find a section that says ComPort. To the right there should a button that says browse. Click in it. It will take a while but you should see a list of available ports, you need to find the bluetooth port. Mine said /dev/cu.LGVX9900-BTDIAG-1. Yours should say something simaler but instead of LGVX9900 you will see your phones name. After that your good to go .

Letme know if this works for you!:)