Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fab5freddy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 21, 2007
Heaven or Hell
I am currently trying BitRocket out....and it seems a little slow.. How does BitRocket compare to other clients like Transmission, Tomato & Aquisition ??
cheers, FF

[MOD NOTE: Threads merged. Please post only one thread per topic!]

Markleshark

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2006
Carlisle, Up Norf!
I use Azureus, its a bit of a system hog, but its a damn sight better than the other two.

I like all the information it tells you. I don't use many of the advanced features as such, but I do like the more advanced way it shows you the information you need.

I don't think Transmission or BitRocket do this in a very good way at all, a little too simple for me.

Azureus all the way.

epochblue

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
IS Xtorrent Free ?

Xtorrent is free while in beta, but like all other Dave Watanabe apps, they'll cost eventually.

As for BitRocket vs Transmission, etc, I currently use BitRocket. But I only use BitRocket because, in its current state, Transmission is banned from OiNK.

I had high hopes for BitRocket when it first came out, but there hasn't been an update for it in almost 6 months. If the tracker you're using hasn't banned Transmission, I'd recommend using it: it's lightweight, fast, and very OSeXy.

If you need the "has everything you could ever want and plugins for the things you didn't know you wanted" solution, Azureus is about your only option, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.