BitTorrent app with RSS support?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Gary King, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Gary King macrumors 6502

Is there a BitTorrent app for Mac OS X which also supports RSS and downloading the torrents from them? Like µTorrent.

I've looked on MacUpdate and VersionTracker already, and found several, but I just want to know what some recommendations are :)

2. radiantm3 macrumors 65816

radiantm3

3. Gary King thread starter macrumors 6502

I'll look into it, although I'd prefer something like µTorrent but for the Mac. :) I know that Azureus has RSS support, but it's way too bloated.

4. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Azureus runs much better on Mac than it does on PC. It is bloated, I'll give you that, however that being said it is an amazing, powerful app, and I can run it without any lag or system resource issues on my 1.25 GHz G4 iMac with 1 GB of RAM using 10.3.9. It gives me a lot of the complex functionality I require for my torrenting needs, and as I said, doesn't noticeably impact my system whatsoever. :cool:

5. Gary King thread starter macrumors 6502

Compared to µTorrent, it is excessively bloated. If something like µTorrent were available on the Mac, then I'd take it right away :)

6. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yeah, µTorrent does sound pretty cool, so I'd definitely give it a try if a Mac version came out. Since it's Windows-onloy though, well, that's a big strike against it - after all, who wants to run in a Windows environment if they don't have to? :p ;) :cool: