BitTorrent help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Applespider, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    So I'd like to get hold of the Mercedes Benz tapes I missed and the 1984 Mac intro movie - and I figured that doing it via BitTorrent was the way to go.

I downloaded Tomato Torrent, clicked on the MB link and ta da, off it went d/l at about 20K. After about 15 minutes I realised that no-one was uploading from me. Since I didn't like the leech idea, off I went to investigate. After reading all the posts here, I forwarded the appropriate ports from the Airport base to the PB (6881 to 6889). After the Airport Extreme reset, I couldn't download from the torrent either. Removing the port forwarding and ta da, it started downloading again - but since I've now connected and disconnected several times, it's gone to treacle (presumably since I'm not sharing back)

I came across this online
    http://www.blueskyis.com/bittorrent/airportforwarding.php
    and followed it to the letter. Unfortunately, as soon as I change my Network to anything other than DCHP, my entire internet connection stops working completely.

Any ideas?

2. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

What about those same ports on your OS X firewall?

3. Applespider thread starter macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Yup - had done those too. And remembered to edit the port forward when I switched back from manual to DCHP...

I may give up for tonight!