bittorrent questions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by homeshire, Oct 14, 2005.

1. homeshire macrumors regular

I thought I'd give bittorrent a try and see what all the fuss is about. I finally figured out how to make it work, and set about trying to download a torrent. I have tried many times on a couple files, and I cannot get it to work. Each attempt fails to connect. I wondered if anyone might know what I'm not doing right? thanks.

/Users/hmshr/Desktop/Picture 1.png

Attached Files:

2. Jonx macrumors 6502

Jonx

it might be tracker is down, or tracker is having too many connections which it wont accept anymore incoming connections

did you tried some other torrents are they fine ? if you having same problem with all torrents, maybe you have to configure your firewall or router :)

3. HydroMan macrumors 6502

HydroMan

Have you tried using Azureus or Transmission both worked better for me, I'm still undecided which one is best as I've only used them a few times each for the same file and so far Azureus is edging Transmission with Bittorrent coming in a deserved last.

4. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

This little tidbit I found may help with your connections. If your ISP is blocking P2P ports. It should help with speed when you do connect. By the way make sure your firewall is turned on, your ports will be scanned. I assume your downloading friend/family photos, freeware and official demo software. ;)

5. HydroMan macrumors 6502

HydroMan

I would second this as I don't use the firewall on my comp or router but still get some problems with connecting to a file, but that could be the problem and I would check this first before D/L other BT clients.