Bizarre Mac Problem - Please Help

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Chaszmyr, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I am using two screens on my G5 running 10.3.5, and my cursor keeps randomly teleporting to a specific point on the right hand side of my right screen. I tried using a different mouse and I tried rebooting but neither thing helped. Please offer any advice you may have

2. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

Is your menu bar left monitor or right monitor and when you boot does the login panel appear in the same screen as the grey boot apple.

May not be relevant, but I have extra screen resolutions depending on how I connect my dual monitors.

There are strange things and many possibilities with a dual screen setup. :confused:

Hope this helps to think the problem through a little more clearly.

3. Chaszmyr thread starter macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I've had this set up for months and this just became a problem yesterday. To answer your questions though, the left monitor is the main monitor and pretty much everything is on that screen.

Also, when I reboot, it's about half an hour before the problem re-appears

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Possible dumb question:

Which mouse and driver are you using? I have troubles with Kensington's MouseWorks software at times - also, typically, a while after restarting.

5. Chaszmyr thread starter macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Microsoft's Intellipoint drivers. My mice are intellimouse explorers.

6. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    i've had that happen occassionaly with both Kensington mice on my PB, and the MS mouse when i use it on the G4. I've come to think that it's a normal glitch, and doesn't really affect anything other than a infrequent annoyence when drawing or doing touch up work.

Strangely, never happens with the Apple mouse. ;)

7. Chaszmyr thread starter macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I have to wait a little while to see if the problem recurs, but I think I may have identified the problem. The pen on my Wacom tablet got moved to be sitting ontop of the tablet, and I think for some bizarre reasons it may have been at random intervals picking up the pen over the tablet and moving the cursor to that point.

Thanks to those who offered input.

8. titaniumducky macrumors 6502a

titaniumducky

You can always try to repair permissions. Also, you can try to switch the monitors (primary and non-primary).

9. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

wow! I was going to say that, but the odds were huge against, plus you'd have probably thought I was a nut job for asking about bizarre forms of medication.

I have recently started to use the little pen holder that came with my Wacom Tablet. he he :) The results can vary depending on whether the tablet is in mouse mode or pen mode.

BTW. I set pen mode for the whole left hand monitor, for use with full screen Photoshop and the right hand screen as menubar and tools. I just use my normal mouse to do the tools.