Bizarre Screen Savers on Powerbook G4 ?!?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by PSS4, Aug 5, 2005.

1. PSS4 macrumors newbie

Feb 25, 2005
    I bought a loaded 15" Powerbook about a month ago(new) from apple store, and last night I set the Screen saver to scroll thru the photos from iPhoto. I saw the photos scrolling thru after the computer wasn't touched and it was very cool. Then I walked by the computer a while later and some strange images were coming across the screen. For instance, I'd see 2-3 of my pictures, then usually 2 strange/random images in a row, usually not in focus, or highly magnified. Images I saw last night included, strange cartoon animals, flags, the canadian flag multiple times, the Israeli flag, an Irish flag, danish flag, a chinese fan, some out of focus guitars, then really bizarre faces, blacked out> skull like...My girlfriend and I were truly vexed. I can't imagine where these images were coming from. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a little trick that the builders put into the system, or a virus of some sort? If it makes a difference, all the photos in my iPhoto originated from my Pentax Optio 555. Is there anyway to correct it???
  2. liketom macrumors 601

Apr 8, 2004
    i'm betting that they are from iChat icons you got there -
  3. dollystereo macrumors 6502a

Oct 6, 2004

I have the same here, they are from Ichat, but they shouldnt be there!
    JAJAJA is funny anyway
  4. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Mar 9, 2005
  5. biohazard6969 macrumors 6502a

Feb 23, 2005
    toronto canada
    BOO!!! oh man, with those faces there i woulda completely freaked OUT!!!
  6. PSS4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Feb 25, 2005
    Okay, Ichat....I've never used Ichat....but, I guess it makes sense, Its just an odd glitch in the system? Let it be?