Bizzare Problem: A Folder that exists yet at the same does not

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ieani, Nov 13, 2006.

1. ieani macrumors 6502a

ieani

I tried to change my default save folder for torrents on azureus from my external to my laptop HDD for a brief time so I could download while on the road. But when I switched it back to my external, for whatever reason, it created a folder with the same name as my external and added a 1 to the name of my external. But I cannot locate this ghost folder. When I choose to show the torrents in finder in only shows the torrent file saved in the directory I use on my laptop hdd(which it shouldnt be doing either). I cannot with spotlight or manually locate this folder or the files I downloaded that are saved in it. Anyone have any ideas?

2. ieani thread starter macrumors 6502a

ieani

OK heres a pic. Anyone know how I can access it?

[​IMG]

3. ieani thread starter macrumors 6502a

ieani

Well since apparently everyone else was/is confused as I. I just deleted every azureus file spotlight could find and then reinstalled it. Its working now but Im still curious as to the location of that folder.

4. ieani thread starter macrumors 6502a

ieani

I found it! I used Omni Disk Sweeper and discovered it was hiding in the BaseSystem package which explains why it existed without spotlight being able to find it. I deleted it and gained 3GBs of space back.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

:eek:

Well, glad you figured it out!

For future reference, Terminal is probably your best bet for finding something like that. You can do something like this:

find / | grep -i "insert the full name of the folder you want in between quotes"

:)

6. toddburch macrumors 6502a