BJ Print Monitor Error No. M501

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by MNStudio, Jul 1, 2003.

1. MNStudio macrumors newbie

I brought my iMac 6 months ago. It has OSX 10.2.I have a Canon S200SP printer and a CanonScan N760U scanner connected to it.

To print my emails if I swap to classic environment and it takes ages - OS9.2 but at least it prints

While still in 9.2 - If I want to print from Photosuite I get an error while the application is loading up - regarding the printer .. and then the IMAC locks up in that parts of the screen no longer refresh and I have to unplug the IMAC from the plug. The error mesage is:

"BJ Print Monitor Error No. M501.
    The BJ Print Monitor did not start up due to error.

Also I can't seem to print any scanned image and the pictures I draw with " Appleworks 6. Draw " print only the first draft
    and not the final mature version and then only at the often very small scale of the original rectangle played with, not the full frame A4(approx) version with which the exercise ends

I went looking for a new driver for the Canon printer .... but got totally confused. I've tried reinstalling it but that hasn't help either.

Can you help me out at all? Or if you need more information - what do you need to know

2. scan300 macrumors 6502

Have you tested your print settings by booting into OS 9 rather than running classic?

Did your printer work on a previous system with the same software you mentioned?

I would guess that your main problem is that classic is a bit flakey with USB printing.

Ultimately you want to get the printer running under OS X with your applications also running native to OS X. To get the answer to this, you need to talk to Canon, to see if they have an OSX driver for your printer. If you bought your printer from a store, see if they can help.

If they don't have OSX drivers for your printer, start learning about CUPS, which is an open source UNIX printing environment which should have a driver for virtually every printer made.