Black and White for Mac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by niter, Feb 5, 2004.

1. niter macrumors 6502

The only thing I miss about the PC world is Black and White. I was thinking about holding out for Black and White 2, but I really miss the game.

I have read mixed review about the Mac version. Does anyone have it? Any difference between it and the PC version? Should I wait?

Thanks.

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

What do you do in Black & White? All I could ever do was manage to fling my followers around and make my creature... ummm... well... let's just say with enough beatings he was self-sufficient.

3. niter thread starter macrumors 6502

Honestly, part of the appeal is being able to actually play the game. I just like playing it. I also like playing the Sims just to build the houses. Perhaps that is why I enjoy Black and White so much...I just build and solve the puzzles.

4. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I wasn't trying to knock the game... hope you didn't get that impression... I enjoyed it but it degraded into me throwing my followers around... similar to in the Sims where I'd just lock people in rooms... but I guess... well... I'm just weird... :)

5. Toeknee macrumors regular

Toeknee

I have it bought the platinum edition (B&W with Creature Isle) from the local compusa for 20 bucks i think. It runs very well on my 'book and the game play is really good. There arent many differences b/t the PeeCee and the Mac versions. Its cheap (compare to the sims which i also have) and its a good game i say get it, who know when 2 is coming out.

6. niter thread starter macrumors 6502

Been there. Even made fence cages for my sims outdoors. If I have a sims I reallly hate (like a bad neighbor) I lock him up.