Black and White PC Version on Mac

Discussion in 'Games' started by raptor96, Jan 6, 2007.

1. raptor96 macrumors regular

Hey guys,

I bought Black and White before I bought my mac and I have a 12" powerbook. The CD I have is a Windows version but I'd like to install Black and White on my powerbook. I was wondering if there was some way I could download a mac version or get a copy of the mac disc and use my CD-key from my disc of the game (note that I'm not trying to install two copies, I've already deleted the copy on my PC b/c I reformatted it before giving it to my dad). Anyway, thanks for any help!

2. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

You could if you had an Intel Mac :( sorry but there are not many methods (if any) for PPC Macs to play Windows games effectively.

3. raptor96 thread starter macrumors regular

I meant more in the sense of downloading the full version of the Mac PPC version and installing with my extant cd-key. I know that that works with like (I think) blizzard games since they were (prior to DVD PC + Mac releases) released as separate mac and pc cd versions. Maybe I should just get in touch with Lionhead (because I'd hate to have to buy another copy of the Mac version just to use my already functional cd-key.

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

You could see if there is a demo of the Mac version. After installing that, you could fill in the blanks with data from your Windows version.

5. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

Aside from Blizzard, there are amost no companies that also do Mac versions. Certainly Lionhead is not one of them. This means that Mac versions are separate, different products made by different companies. This also means that just because you have the PC version, it doesn't entitle you to the Mac version, sorry. Feral didn't just wish it into existence; they had to spend time and money porting it, so they need to get their cut.

But the good news is that you can get B&W for Mac cheap these days. B&W2 should also be out in the somewhat near future. (Again ported by Feral, not Lionhead.)

--Eric