Black Apple Bluetooth Keyboard?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by xfiftyfour, Aug 2, 2006.

1. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

So I'm looking to get a bluetooth keyboard here soon (wires have got to go! :p). I'll probably be getting the apple wireless kb, but just wanted to make sure there wasn't a good, black alternative? I have a dell monitor and a wired white keyboard right now, but the white looks a little silly and i'm vain like that....

I'd prefer one with the typical apple buttons, though, so that's making my search a bit more difficult.

Also, would it be possible to pick up an old black "pro" keyboard and exchange the keys? Anyone done that before?

2. jne381 macrumors regular

I just bought a wireless Apple keyboard, and I am looking at it next to my old black pro keyboard. It does have a few keys that are a different size: esc, F13, and there is a F16 key on the white one and not on the black pro.

3. xfiftyfour thread starter macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

ah, too bad. oh well, i figured it was a long shot anyways. the white will do.. or i'll look into some other brands and forfeit the apple buttons.

seriously, when is apple going to REALLY embrace their black alternatives and offer EVERYTHING in both colors? ;)