Black border more noticeable on white iPhone 5 vs. 4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PDFierro, Nov 16, 2012.

1. macrumors 68040

Maybe I should look again, but anytime I saw a photo of the white iPhone 5 with the screen on, the black border just seemed ever-so present. Granted, even with the 4S this was the case and is something people question when getting a white iOS device.

But it seems way more noticeable on the iPhone 5 due to the new screen technology that is used.

Thoughts?

2. tys
    macrumors 6502

I just looked at my 4&5 side by side and I'd say the thin black border is the same. I do wonder why they couldn't make the bezel a mm thicker and eliminate it. I also wish they'd make the top and bottom bars white on the white iPhone 5 when using older small-screen apps.

3. thread starter macrumors 68040

Maybe it's just how it looks in the photos. I thought the in-cell technology or whatever made the border more visible. Thanks for your insight.

4. macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted

The border on the white iPhones is the main reason I stay with black. I can even notice it on my black iPhones sometimes.

5. macrumors 68040

Appl3FTW

its the same and it's not a big deal... white iphones are gorgeous. man people do CRY alot. :rolleyes: