Black boxes where images should be in Powerpoint

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by shumster, Jun 9, 2004.

1. shumster macrumors member

Aug 15, 2001
    Just installed Office 2004 on my powerbook - opened up a presentation I have been working on - only to find that all the images I had inserted into the presentation are now black boxes. Even when I re-insert the image, I still get a black box?

Anyone have any ideas on what is going on and how to fix it? Luckily it still works on my Vaio, but I'd really like to move all my work over to the powerbook. Thanks
  2. argentier macrumors newbie

Nov 19, 2008
    Any luck with the black box problem?

I'm aware this topic was posted over four years ago, but I'm having the same problem and was wondering if you (or if anyone else) ever figured out a solution. I actually use a PC, but I'm trying to view a powerpoint that I believe was made on a Mac. Thanks in advance if anyone can help me out.
  3. argentier macrumors newbie

Nov 19, 2008
    I didn't make the powerpoint, though. Maybe the person who made the powerpoint used the "drag and drop" method to add the pictures. Is there anything I can do to change the images/formatting/etc. so that I can view them?
  4. BobZune macrumors 6502a

Oct 26, 2007
    You can do a websearch for --> powerpoint pictures between mac and windows

In the worst case, you'd have to contact the author and ask him/her to do the File -- Insert method.

Good luck.
  5. p.possum macrumors newbie

Oct 15, 2010
    black boxes instead of images in powerpoint

Fiddled around for ages trying to figure it out - check the colour mode of images in photoshop - try changing the colour mode to RGB from CMYK, save and then insert as pictures.