Black Demo (holy crap!!!)

Discussion in 'Games' started by d_saum, Jan 23, 2006.

1. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

I just got home and threw in the "BLACK" demo disc on my PS2. Holy crap that game is impressive!!! I am BLOWN AWAY!!!!! The Demo is only for PS2, but wow... PS2 owners will NOT be dissapointed. I've ordered the xbox version because I want a smoother frame rate and I think the graphics will be a little better, but if I only had a ps2, I'd be completely satisfied. Oh, also I think the xbox controller is better for fps too. I have noticed some frames dropping and a tiny bit of slowdown, but with ALL the crap going on, you cannot complain.

Something funny though... this game really does look next gen. I've played a few 360 games and I wasnt this impressed. I mean, honestly, Call Of Duty 2 looks good, but I cant begin to imagine what criterion could do on the 360 or PS3 if they are getting this kind of performance and graphics out of a PS2!!!

Oh and yes, this game is tough! Enemies are hard to kill, AI looks good, and your cover gets picked away at so you cant hide for long!!!!

2. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Just the screenshots alone really look incredible, although I can't tell if they're from the XBOX even though they appear with the PS2 preview on GameSpot. They've obviously developed some kind of cool volumetric lighting effect that is efficient enough to use on these consoles. They obviously want to show it off, it seems a bit overused (remember how every scene in every game had lens flares a few years back? :rolleyes: ) but it does look very good.

3. d_saum thread starter macrumors 6502

d_saum

yeah, it looks great! Im going to go play the demo again before I leave for work this morning! ;)

4. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Nelly! and thats on the PS2! I'm a little interested in this. suppose the make or break question is; is this just another WW2 game? I know a fan will come along and proclaim it isnt because it uses a different colour gun, but deep down, is it just another WW2 game? with a name like Black I'm somehow picking up theres a supernatural element to this?

might get this for my Xbox :D

6. bokdol macrumors 6502a

bokdol

what do you mean by ww2? i am confused...

7. saunders45 macrumors 6502a

saunders45

It's not WW2. There's no 'Super-in-depth-full-of-plot-twists-' story to black, it's back to what games used to be. Fun. It's like Die-Hard, or any Arnold movie, not a deep story, just blowing stuff up.

8. d_saum thread starter macrumors 6502

d_saum

You can get it at EB Games for sure. You may have to put $5 down to pre-order the game (not sure though). I went to pre-order it and then found the Demo disk. I think you can get it anywhere they sell ps2 and xbox games.

Yeah, its not a WWII game. It's present day, and you're a black operative (meaning, you don't exist and the US will deny your existence). Its a hollywood type game that tries to replicate scenes in big movies like the lobby scene in the Matrix. From what I heard, the story is supposed to be enthralling!

9. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

I saw this game on 1up, and it looked unbelievable. This is the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. of the console world. It. Is. Amazing. :D