Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hotwire132002

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 24, 2004
Cadillac, MI
I was surfing around Apple's web site, trying to find a leaked image of the rumored 2.6Ghz G5s (or any clue of them), when I came across this:

blackimac.jpg

Interesting...

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
Thats a old home done paint job from a year or more ago, i remember the dude was hanging around spymac and showing that if memory serves. Dont get excited over a can of paint and some hard work. Its not the new Imac.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
That black paint must add like 200MHz to the clock speed, some chrome tips, a couple stickers and the transformation will be complete. :rolleyes:

Mr. Monsieur

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2004
homey

The photo does look a bit too 'homemade' to be an official Apple release photo...wouldn't you say?

Laslo Panaflex

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2003
Tokyo
hotwire132002 said:
I can't quite tell--does it look to you like it was made that way, or modded? :confused: I thought it was interesting that it was hosted on Apple's site.

I can't quite tell where exactly this is found on apple's website, please post the link. . .

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA
Sun Baked said:
That black paint must add like 200MHz to the clock speed, some chrome tips, a couple stickers and the transformation will be complete. :rolleyes:

I'd go with some silver lightning-bolt stickers, myself. :cool:

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Yah, I've seent his one before - pretty amusing. I like how people thnk that because it's black, it must be the new iMac - yep, no redesign whatsoever, just a paint job - that must double the bus speed right there... ;)

Personally, I don't know why someone would do that to an iMac, but whatever....

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
All it needs now is a Type-R decal and a ridiculous fan vent thing that makes it sound like a can of angry bees when the fan spins up so you can hear it from a mile away. Perhaps the CD-ROM tray can pop out and act like a spoiler, too, because as you know, with those mods that thing will need all the downforce it can get.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Powerbook G5 said:
All it needs now is a Type-R decal and a ridiculous fan vent thing that makes it sound like a can of angry bees when the fan spins up so you can hear it from a mile away. Perhaps the CD-ROM tray can pop out and act like a spoiler, too, because as you know, with those mods that thing will need all the downforce it can get.

Heh heh - nice one. Don't get me started though on all those idiots out there who actually do all those stupid modifications to their crappy cars. God, I could rant on for hours about their idiocy - tip resonators, spoilers for FRONT WHEEL DRIVE cars, wings, crappy paint jobs, Type-R badges on non-Type-R cars, stupid lettering/decals, ugly tail light replacements - what are those idiots thinking? Man, I just better stop.... ;) :cool:

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
~Shard~ said:
Heh heh - nice one. Don't get me started though on all those idiots out there who actually do all those stupid modifications to their crappy cars. God, I could rant on for hours about their idiocy - tip resonators, spoilers for FRONT WHEEL DRIVE cars, wings, crappy paint jobs, Type-R badges on non-Type-R cars, stupid lettering/decals, ugly tail light replacements - what are those idiots thinking? Man, I just better stop.... ;) :cool:

Hell, why not just strip the iMac and replace it all with carbon fiber with lots of scoops.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.