Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stewie1

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2010
Anyone have any recommendations for the lightest, thinnest, best looking (i.e. simplest looking) black leather folio case? Just something really professional looking that keeps attention away from the iPad.

I like the idea of the new smart cover, but don't like that it leaves the back exposed. It's also VERY expensive for what it is.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

PatrickCocoa

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2008
Later

Anyone have any recommendations for the lightest, thinnest, best looking (i.e. simplest looking) black leather folio case? Just something really professional looking that keeps attention away from the iPad.

Do you mean that doesn't take attention away from the iPad?

In any case, I haven't seen any iPad 2 cases for sale yet, I'm guessing tomorrow there should be more news.

cmoore49

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2008
Scosche just sent me some emails on their new iPad cases. Look pretty nice.
Not available yet but worth looking in to.

stewie1

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2010
No, I mean that DOES take attention away. I want something understated, so that it looks like I'm carrying a notebook, not a tablet.

Here's a link to the Schosche cover. Looks good, but what is the material like? Is it actually leather? The name "leather texture" suggests that it's some kind of fake leather.

http://www.scosche.com/consumer-tech/product/2118

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.