Black "line" on screen when completely black - anyone else have that?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by nipponfan, Sep 27, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

Got my Air today, after watching a movie I saw the complete black screen and noticed a "line" from top to bottom. Should I return it? Got a Toshiba SSD and LG Screen btw.

It doesn't bother me that much though, only see it when screen is completely black and screen brightness is up to max.

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 6502

3. macrumors member

I think you should take it into Apple and have it looked at if it bothers you.

4. thread starter macrumors regular

@minnus "my line" seems not to be an imprint of the trackpad or keyboard.

@optmi Problem is, I can't really "bring it to Apple" since we have no Stores here in Austria. I bought it online, and it would take another 2 weeks until I would get a new unit.

Anyone think this issue would "go away", since it's new. Happened with the light bleed on my mother's iPad 2

5. macrumors 6502

You're right - I only mention that I have something similar. I am attempting to make my lines 'go away' by keeping it looping through a screensaver. It has been about a day, and I am not sure if it is working. I will likely be bringing it to the Apple store this weekend, especially if this does not work.

6. thread starter macrumors regular

I waited for a week and this "line" didn't go away. So I called up Apple and they are now sending me a replacement.

I hope it was a wise decision, but since I got the Toshiba SSD I thought I'd take the risk. I want the screen to be as flawless as the one on my old MBP.