Black macbook - to buy or wait...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Pluckie, Jun 19, 2006.

  1. Pluckie macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 7, 2005
    #1
    I am planning on buying a Macbook, most likely black, for school next year. I am in no rush to buy it until September. Is there any hope of upgrades at WWDC or new iPods to buy with the college Mac + iPod discount that should cause me to wait? If the chances of any upgrades are slim, I'll probably just buy it now.

    Any thoughts???
     
  2. Xander562 macrumors 68000

    Xander562

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2006
    #2
    First of all, if you keep waiting for hardware updates to buy your comp. you'll never buy one. however there are rumors of Merom being released in August, but not in the actual systems for another couple of months at least. Its all speculation right now. But you'll still get a great machine if you buy now.

    as for the iPod, i have no idea. supposedly it was supposed to be released back in May but was delayed due to hardware issues. so it's anyone's guess.
     
  3. wako macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2005
    #3
    If you were to buy the MacBook Pro, I would say definately wait. The current ones are due for an upgrade and WWDC sounds like would be a great time, especially since the Merom is coming out. The Macbook all recently got released. So an update is slim to a newer CPU. It might see a small speed bump, but nothing too dramatic I would say. It is simply too soon to update a line of notebooks 3 months after its release.

    However these are only my speculations, and so is everyone else, so take it with a grain of salt and do what you think is best. I just bought my macbook, based on these beliefs. And from a G4 to a CoreDuo, I definately have no regrets. This thing is already 2x faster with just 512mb of RAM. Cant wait till my 2gig kit comes in! :D
     
  4. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

    ®îçhå®?

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2006
    #4
    The MBP have already been upgraded 3 times so i would not say that that is true
     
  5. wako macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2005
    #5
    it hasnt been a major upgrade. You wont see a major upgrade between now and september in the macbook.


    also hence why I said there might be small speedbumps, but nothing too big and impressive.
     
  6. Paladin macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2002
    Location:
    Houston, TX
    #6
    The black MacBooks are available as refurbs now on the Apple Store site. I think they're selling for $1299. I love my white version.
     
  7. Acehigh macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2006
    #7
    If you need the computer now buy it. With the Edu discount and free ipod you cant wrong.


    Also somebody selling one in the markerplace, He selling it at a fair price and dont have to worry about the rebates.
     

Share This Page