Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I would not say I'm using my trackpad that much and I'm always sure to be clean and not oily.

And yet my black macbook trackpad is looking very very worn after only 6 months. It's getting very glossy and just feels horrid. It bugs the hell out of me.

My cousins white macbook doesnt seem to have the problem at all, and my previous powerbook 12" trackpad I had for 18months looked pristine.

Anyone else had this issue if it indeed that 'an issue'....

also it still refuses to accept 2gb of memory and craps out. (serious graphics lag when 2gb is in) Maybe I should get onto apple at this stage.

Kardashian

macrumors 68020
Sep 4, 2005
Britain.
Both my MacBooks trackpads went shiny - I'm using an external mouse as much as I can on the 3rd.. The shine looks vile!

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Both my MacBooks trackpads went shiny - I'm using an external mouse as much as I can on the 3rd.. The shine looks vile!

Yeah it certainly does.

I think the memory issue might be enough reason to get my macbook looked at though, so hopefully they'll replace it :eek:

Nefertiti

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2007
My blackbook's trackpad is shiny after only one month of use. I think it's just that it's black -- check out other computers with black trackpads and you'll see the same issue. There's the same amount of wear on white or silver trackpads; it's just not as visible.

canada1

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2010

What do you mean the shine looks vile? The shine makes your macbook look cool. I have a white macbook and my trackpad has a big shiny circle in the middle. It is so shiny that I can see it in a distance from the macbook. I just love the look of the shiny circle in the middle of the trackpad.

Dozerrox

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2009
Exeter
What do you mean the shine looks vile? The shine makes your macbook look cool. I have a white macbook and my trackpad has a big shiny circle in the middle. It is so shiny that I can see it in a distance from the macbook. I just love the look of the shiny circle in the middle of the trackpad.

It was like 3 years ago. I'm sure he's over it by now.

btbrossard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Chicagoland
I had the same problem on my old iBook G4, but I find it weird that someone would "love" the look of a well used trackpad.

My current notebook (PowerBook G4 12") shows no signs of wear and it's over 5 years old.

canada1

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2010
I had the same problem on my old iBook G4, but I find it weird that someone would "love" the look of a well used trackpad.

My current notebook (PowerBook G4 12") shows no signs of wear and it's over 5 years old.

Why do you find it weird that someone would "love" the look of a well used trackpad?

The shine on a trackpad caused by wear makes macbooks look "cool".

canada1

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2010

Why do you find it weird that someone would "love" the look of a well used trackpad?

The shine on a trackpad caused by wear makes macbooks look "cool".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.