BLACK MB Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by oncegoth, Jun 1, 2006.

1. oncegoth macrumors newbie

May 22, 2006
    Just wondering.... Does anybody know why they didn't release the Black MB's in a GLOSSY finish (Like the white MB's/ibooks or The Black ipod's)

Seriously... I would have bought one of those in an instant.
    The Matte Black just bugs me.. looks too much like an old PC laptop.:(
  2. Afro1989 macrumors 6502a

Dec 16, 2005
  3. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

Dec 24, 2005
    Probably because glossy shows too many scratches, and then we have class action lawsuits, etc. I actually like the matte black alot (although I have only had 1 windows laptop, and that was an IBM T20, running 98 SE, so that was a while ago…). Also remember, windows boxes don't have the big glowing apple on the back. :D
  4. runninmac macrumors 65816

Jan 20, 2005
    Rockford MI
    Oh how can you say it doesn't look awesome. I have one right in front of me and im lovin it. It looks great IMO im going to put up some pictures/ review it later tonight or tommorw. But to answer your questions the macbook would scratch like a dog with fleas.
  5. oncegoth thread starter macrumors newbie

May 22, 2006
    ok, you all have valid reasons..... I suppose scratches and finger prints would get pretty bad. . . . and wearing cotton gloves all the time would also be a real pain. - hmmm, but man would it look pretty damn cool up until the scratches.. like a giant shinny ipod.:D