Black or Red Nano?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by oclor, Oct 18, 2006.

1. oclor macrumors regular

My birthday is coming up and I''m gonna ask my parents for a Nano (i'm so glad to finally have a screen after a year with the shuffle). Anyway, I'm either gonna get a Black nano or a Red one. I love the red color so much and I was waiting for it. But, the black would go really well with my macbook and also with the Etymotic ER-4P that i'm planning on getting. I know the black has double the storage but I don't have that much music to begin with. What do you guys think?

2. iVersa macrumors 6502

I personally would go for (red) but it simply boils down to your personal pref.

3. tyr2 macrumors 6502a

tyr2

I just ordered the black one. Mainly because the extra cash for twice the storage looks like a good deal and will save me rotating my tunes quite so often. The Red is a nice colour tho...

4. phuong macrumors 6502a

get the black for the extra storage and if you want it red later on, go to a car painting shop. you can even make it pink

5. tyr2 macrumors 6502a

tyr2

My black one has just arrived 2 days early from the apple store. Not bad, I only ordered it late on on Tuesday (it's Thrusday morning now). It does look pretty slick in the black.

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

If you don't need the extra storage, get the red. Goes towards a good cause. You could always get a black case, but it also says something good about you when walking around with it.

7. Zimmy macrumors member

i would choose the red, just different and red and black go well together..

ZIm

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Agreed. It looks better to me, and if storage isn't an issue, then fantastic. :)

It'll just be some pointless "make-yourself-feel-better" fashion statement anyway. :eek:

Or how about you get the Red Nano, then donate the money you didn't spend on the black nano to charity. That's actually a charitable thing to do. I mean, surely we don't need to buy a $200 toy for ourselves and have a corporation make a $10 donation on our behalf. Just donate if you want to be charitable. :)

EDIT TO ADD: I'm not saying this Product(red) thing isn't a nice idea. It does help a good cause. However, why do we only feel generous enough to donate $10 when we're buying something and/or getting something in return?

9. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

if you dont need the storage get the red it is for a good cause, and keep in mind the black is the same price as the 30 gig to that should be considered to. (Id get the 30 gig)

10. prady16 macrumors 6502

prady16

RED!!
    It's your birthday and it would be a good idea to make Apple donate $10 towards the good cause!
    Moreover "Red" is for winners!!!!

11. minnesotamacman macrumors regular

I second what was said earlier. If you were spending the $249, I would do the 30GB iPod, and skip the Nano completely. That being said, the $199 (product) RED is beautiful!

12. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

I'd opt for the black, personally. Don't really like the red. :eek:

13. Chrispy macrumors 68020

Chrispy

I say get the black. Having the extra storage now will save you down the road as your collection grows. I just picked up a black one last night and I love it!

14. machurdler macrumors member

15. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

$10 goes a long way. If you were to research the figures on this campaign you would know that.

He is buying an iPod anyway. Why not go out of your way to the red?

16. BrianSalts macrumors regular

dang i see ur not a canadian.

red would be a fitting choice.

howeer, i have a blue nano and it looks really good with my black macbook. so any color works well pretty much.

i think you'll seem pretty boring if u have black of everything.

17. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I chose to sell my black one and get a red one. Since I only have 2.5 GB of music, I hope its a safe choice. Should arrive tomorrow.

18. lapalapalapa5 macrumors newbie

i bought a (product) red nano like a week ago i think
    its so cool! i love the color and its so thin! i never realized that until it came.

+ the money for AIDS, always a good thing :)

i'd go with the (product) red if i were you

19. ctsport1234 macrumors regular

I ordered the red (product) nano. Not only does it look great, I really like the business model it's associated with :D

20. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

I recently bought an 8GB nano, and i love it (probably enough to say it's the best iPod ever, IMO), but if you do not need more than 4GB of memory, and do not think you will anytime soon, i see no reason to not get a red nano if thats your favorite colour. If you are desperate for it to match your MacBook, here is your answer ;)
    And, while i love the black nanos, they do show fingerprints more easily than the other colours.

21. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

the black is a lot nicer looking IMO. But really, it's entirely based on your personal preference. If you're really torn, flip a coin.

22. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

The red one looks really nice. I'd prefer it over the black if I were getting a nano, despite the higher capacity of the black one.

23. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Black for me.

Your preference is what counts.

On a side note, while the red one is associated with donations, I wish that the whole iPod line up was that way.

24. OdduWon macrumors 6502a

OdduWon

RED! or else u2 will try to do music again instead of charity work :D