Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

studiox

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2004
Stockholm / Sweden
Hi,

I'm abit shamed :( I just bought a secound hand Powerbook Ti G4/GigE. And (amost) the first thing I'd do is to spill juice into it... Yea really g8, just an perfect ashole I am..

Well. I fast unplugged the power and battery, went into the bathroom and let it clean and dry.. After a day I got it started and it fired up perfectly, but w/o picture on the LCD. The VGA output works perfect, and the LCD screen seems to have no Inverter card or no light (The screen is visible in bright light).

Now.. What should I do.. I could talk to my insurance company, as I'm covered from thoose tings.. (But they will charge me like $200 for it). In the other hand I could buy a replacement inverter card. If that's the problem.

I have, like 6 years ago worked as an Apple Auth Service Engieneer. But I dont have any service CD's with manuals on fault handeling.. Could any8 point me in the right direction ?

Ps. I think that it could be something with the "close the laptop = Screen gets black-thing". But I dont know what action is req. for the screen to get black (Can't see any thing that would trigger (I have dismountet the PB)..

Help ? ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.