Black sheep of the family?

Discussion in 'Community' started by JesseJames, Aug 28, 2004.

1. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

Boy, in my later years of adolescence I was praying that maybe I was adopted. Or at least an illigitimate child.
    Madness seems to gallop in my family genes especially on my fathers side of the family.
    My family is a bunch of nutballs. And I find it bloody miracle that I turned out half sane.
    Can anyone else relate to this?

2. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

Nope. I'm the nutball in the family... oh, wait... maybe I can relate :p

3. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Normal is very relative. I think everyone is odd in some way or another. The important thing is to be abnormal in a way that doesn't hurt people and allows you to be happy.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

We have no blacksheep in our family. Oh wait, maybe we were all the blacksheep, so we can't tell that we are in the regular presence of blacksheep. :eek:

We need normalcy in our lives!

5. cslewis macrumors 6502a

cslewis

It always seems to me that whatever you grow up with is 'normal'. Extended realtives usually break out of the normal mold... ;) There are plenty of black sheep on my dad's side.

6. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Define normal with regards to family.

I think that it depends on many variables.

Sushi

7. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

my uncle's a drug addict, my grandpa was a racist old bastard who died thinking it wasn't his fault he ran his mercedes into a dry cleaner's, my other uncle's rich and owns like half of aransas county (down by the beach near corpus christi), my other grandpa died 40 years ago, my great-aunt owns a bakery somwhere, ive got a weird family

8. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

That sounds quite normal to me.

God I love the chats about normal. Of course if people were normal then they would probably be either Chinese or Indian and live in poverty.

9. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

Well, I'm probably the black sheep in the family, seeing as how I'm the only one that has ever had to see a shrink. :D

10. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Try this on for size.

I had 2 cousins sitting together (one of each gender) sitting together googling cornholing...

11. JesseJames thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, I was talking about serious psychiatric disorder. I know my brother is completely out of it. He'll be institutionalized someday; that or be another person on the street muttering to himself. My father is loosing his marbles. Albeit slowly. He thinks people are out to get him.
    My mother is an emotional cripple and is a bit touched in the head. Overall she's a good person but when she gets angry, she spits out every bit of venom that she can. Yeah, one of those people.
    I'm surprised I didn't end up an alcoholic or junkie. I've smoked pot a few times but then I had a bad trip and said screw it.
    I guess I should be more proud of myself. I've endured the tempest and turned out okay.

12. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

LOL! What's so odd about it?
    http://www.playcornhole.org/

13. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Well the best thing to do is try to keep your sanity and find someone who will help you do it. My wife keeps me sane. :)

14. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Neither one of them found anything odd about it either...

Doing a quick google myself you need to get to page 3 to find anything wrong with it. The google ad had an interesting album though