Black version of the razr K1 (the blue canary phone) pictures leaked

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by BrianSalts, Jul 6, 2006.

1. BrianSalts macrumors regular

Exclusively for verizon. I know i know, it sucks, but it looks pretty sweet.

Pics and info here: http://www.spheredesigns.net/blog/?p=232

So what do you guys think- good enough to switch from your aging razrs?

2. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

I like it, but like the RAZRs you will soon see them for all carriers I bet

3. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

I like it. Skinnier than the current razr (width wise). Looks a little odd though.

4. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

does it suck as much as the razr for cingular?

5. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

It looks really similar to all the other RAZRs except for a slightly different keypad...

Verizon is releasing new phones left and right- they have that new V3m out and now this...

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

7. tomokun macrumors member

tomokun

Canary is NOT the RAZR. Canary is the new KRZR. Cingular and Verizon are currently having a battle to release the thing first.

Oh and Verizon's version of Chocolate is going to blow this out of the water, because motos are built like crap (unhappy V710 owner).

8. DJMastaWes macrumors 65816

DJMastaWes

If it's going to be anything like the current RAZR, it will suck.

9. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

It looks kinda weird, very thin though. It doesn't seem to have that clunky look the top of the RAZR has (i know it's not the RAZR but it is styled jsut like the damn thing) yet it still doesn't appeal to me 100%. The silver with the black top is throwing it off. When better res pictures come out my opinion may become more favorable.

EDIT: Now that i saw a better picture of the phone fully opened, i like it a lot more. Very cool.

10. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Why all the suck postings for the RAZR? I am getting close to switching carriers, and the RAZR is on the top of my list. My Treo 650 sucks on BT for my "Borg implant" (BT earpiece).

11. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

and here I just bought a nokia N80.... oh well, it was time for a more feature packed phone. Although i did have a razr for almost 2 yrs, and I didnt think it sucked.

12. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

Here are some higher quality pictures of the phone

Pics

After looking at those pictures I like the look of it even more...especially the color.

13. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

I'm way more interested in this beauty from Motorola. I just got a black RAZR but hopefully by the time this come out I'll have saved enough for it...

14. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

Wow good find...I've seen pictures of it in the past but just 3 or 4

15. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

With all the info and pics there is still no release date...ah well. Hopefully I'll be able to get an unlocked version...its going to be expenisve though. Hopefully worth it though!

16. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Do you really like sliders, though? They all feel a bit flimsy to me, even though they're clever.

I'm looking for another phone but I can't decide on a slim phone, keeping a couple of extra batteries handy, or a candy bar type of phone with plenty of power but looks a bit less advanced.

17. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

I'm aiming towards the Canary just because it's the RAZR but slimmer (which is good because the major draw back of the RAZR IMO was the width of it... but that's just me)

18. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

I had the Kyocera SE47 for two years and I loved it...not the phone, but the design. It didn't feel flimsy like I think flip phones do (at least my RAZR) but I never have to lock the keypad like you do on a candybar.(a little thing, one might think, but my biggest candybar related pet peeve)

I guess its a personal preferance thing.

A slim phone should get plenty of power... unless you are going to be using it constantly all day. I use my RAZR for maybe 20 minutes of talk time a day plus maybe 30 texts, plus opening and closing every 30minutes or so to check the time, and on all night (my clock) and the battery will last 2-4 days on a full charge...

19. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I'm fairly serious about the Samsung A900 flip phone, partly because of looks and partly because it has the data connection. I was also considering the Palm Treo 700p, but the extra money might stop me. It depends on the deal Sprint will give me to stay. Size-wise, the Treo 700p is bigger and has much better battery life.

My current Sanyo PM-8200 flip phone has slightly better battery life than the A900 but it seems as soon as I get a call, 1 battery bar goes away. It'll last 6 days on a full battery, though, if I don't receive calls.

20. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

I really like the A900 phone -- One of the things that I look for in a phone is a nice screen and that phone has a very nice and crisp screen (it also has ya know... neat stuff life Expandable Memory and all of those menial things ;) )

21. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

It really depends on what you want the phone for...the Treo is less of a phone and more of an email/text/pda type thing wheras the A900 is a phone phone. If you want the speed and data capabilities of a PDA the Treo is what you want. However, if you are rarely going to use the keypad then its waste, and you should get the A900. both look like good phones...

22. BrianSalts thread starter macrumors regular

That's actually pictures of the blue KRZR- what i'm showing is the black razr k1, which is a different version of the KRZR that motorola has supposedly released to verizon :)

23. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

24. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

Tomato, toe-ma-toe

25. brikeh macrumors 6502a

brikeh

If it werent for the godawful UI I would have picked a moto up by now..but that **** looks ugly and painful to use.