Black Xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Games' started by ShadyMac, Jan 26, 2006.

1. ShadyMac macrumors member

I've seen pictures of Nintendo Revolution in different colors and the PS3 will be offered in different colors. I've talked myself of getting the 360 due to the color, it gets dirty really fast especially when kids use it. Does anyone know if MS will offere different colors?

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

They might bring out a 'crystal' version like with the original Xbox. I don't know about colours though, doesn't seem like a MS thing to do. Wouldn't colours make things more childish, because we all know adults see in only black and white.

3. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

I've seen mockups of it in black but haven't seen anything from Microsoft about them doing it themselves. I'd imagine in a year or so (maybe sooner) we'll see some sort of special edition like the Halo edition they did for the original XBOX.

As for the 360 getting dirty, mine hasn't yet. I could understand if you didn't want the system because of game selection or because you wanted to wait, but not getting it because it may get dirty easier doesn't seem like good reasoning to me. Although maybe you're just trying to find any reason to prevent yourself from spending at least $300 right now.:rolleyes:

4. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

There are 3rd party "skins" for your 360 to make them cammo, etc. There is a solid black one that makes your 360 look...dangerous. :)

They're very high quality, easy to put on, and snug. They include vent openings. Got mine from Game Girl or somesuch.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Check this out

If you download the photoshop psd template, you can even make your own and upload it to them and they'll print & cut it out for you...

Trying to comeup with a really cool design now.. :D

6. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

you can also change the face plate. I know for me that is really the only part of the 360 you actually see. Personally, I would rather take that $20 and put it toward a new game.