Blackberry or Treo?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jessep28, Feb 3, 2007.

1. jessep28 macrumors 6502

jessep28

Howdy,

I am in the market for a Blackberry or Treo device and am torn between the two. Here are my requirements:

1) E-mail capability
    2) Durability (I hate cases and prefer to carry phones naked in my pocket)
    3) Tied to 2 - Not cumbersome
    4) Light web browsing
    5) Ease of typing

I currently use Sprint service (non-Nextel). The models I am considering are Treo 700p, Blackberry 8703e or 7130e. Thanks a bunch.

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Never used a Treo, but I have a Blackberry Pearl and it is awesome.

Another thing you may want to consider, and I can't believe I'm saying this on a Mac forum, is a Windows Mobile phone. One of the guys I work with just got one and I was playing with it and it seems really nice as well.

I would say just go to a Sprint store and play with all 3, because I think it's more personal preference than anything, they all have just about the same functionality.

3. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

I have a Treo 650 and love it! Calendar, email, phone, web browsing - I use them every day.

Check out the 700p and the 680p(?) - the one without the antenna. Cheaper, and it does all the same stuff.

4. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

5. dadsp33k macrumors regular

dadsp33k

i have a blackberry w/cingular. love the push email. getting two iPhones when available (me and wife).

6. adk macrumors 68000

adk

If you like to carry your phone in your pocket I'm thinking a treo may not be the best idea - it's just too big.

7. crdean1 macrumors 6502a

crdean1

Have a bb 8700 with cingular. Never have to restart, never freezes up (like the Treo). Nice push email, can view Word/Excel docs, HTML browser. Love it.