Blackberry Users, Stand Up!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by crdean1, Apr 18, 2006.

1. crdean1 macrumors 6502a

crdean1

Check this out, I just changed my blackberry interface to look like a pda with OSX. Not sure what models it works with, but I have an 8700c.

Here is the site:

http://www.millenniastudio.com/MacBerry8700.html

Enjoy your new MacBerry!

(please move if this is in the wrong place.)

2. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Yes please Blackberry users, stand up, stand up so I can poke you with a stick!

Dammed Blackberries! :D

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I've never seen the need for Blackberry. I don't understand their sudden popularity, they're pretty ugly and quite large. A "3" phone with a keyboard. seemingly. A Pocket PC phone with buttons. hmm.

5. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

My mom has one and I really like it, I want one. :)

6. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Damn annoying BB users (I got my fill traveling from NY to Denver today). I'd like to poke them with that stick where the blackberries don't shine.

7. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    Settle....

I think that's sweet that you can give it an OSX look.

Well done on finding that, and pointing it out to people with Blackberries.

Now....if I only had a blackberry.....and a busy enough life to need one.

8. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

My mom and dad both have Blackberries. I like them but I like the treo better.

9. crdean1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

crdean1

Wow, didn't know there was such a stigma against bb users. I have to carry one for work, and I love it. For instance, I can post on MR from anywhere. Now that it's high speed EDGE internet, and comes with an HTML browser, it's the best of all avenues, and isn't as big as at treo.

I do admit it get's pretty annoying when you see a guy sitting with his wife or gf typing away on one in a restaurant or public place. I don't do that. There is a line one is not supposed to cross. :rolleyes:

It is great having the same icons that are on my Mac though. :)

10. CompUser Guest

My dad has one. His is is not wide like most of them but it is on the thick side. He now checks and writes e-mails every 5 minutes when he is not at work. Despite the fact that it brings work out of the business place, it is cool because you can go online with it and if you are in a city, the internet actually is very fast.

However, it has that horrible verizon OS that freezes often and the only way to reset it is to take out the battery which is quite a hazard when my dad tries to fix it driving down the highway at 70mph while in heavy traffic.

Personally, I don't really look of the Mac looking look of that software, it looks dumb and the home screen does not look very appleish to me.

[​IMG]