Blackbook peeling issue

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by owner132, Aug 11, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Does the new black macbook still suffer from the peeling issues? Or is this a very rare problem? I am getting mine on fridayand would like to know the best way to prevent it from flaking. Thanks a lot.

My first post also. Great to be on the forums!

2. macrumors 6502a

NotFound

Haven't heard or seen of these issues before... :confused:

3. macrumors regular

Never heard of it... have any pictures or something?

4. macrumors 68000

iToaster

What the OP is referring to is how the black paint on the MacBook sometimes flakes off revealing the shiny black MacBook that it actually is. As far as I know, this is an issue caused by wear and tear on the computer, so as long as you're careful with it there should be no problem.

5. macrumors newbie

I'll explain. The casing has a coating that has been known to peel off. Seeing you guys haven't heard of it makes me feel better already. I have heard that it is only a rare problem.

I always treat my hadware with respect so I guess I should have no problems. Are there any other issues so there are no surprises?

6. macrumors 6502

I put a bestskinsever.com skin on my macbook the day I got it over a year ago and its still perfect. I didnt like the dull look of the blackbook and how it showed fingerprints easily. with the glossy film its been great.

7. macrumors regular

My Blackbook had some peeling around the battery from day 1.

I didn't mind it too much as it was pretty small. When the palm rest cracked I mentioned it to the 'Genius' at a local Apple store, and he arranged for the bottom tray to be swapped at no cost. *It was still within warranty.

8. macrumors newbie

How hard is it to apply the skin? Are air bubbles easy to remove?

9. macrumors demi-god

alphaod

If you use a lot of the spray and squeegee the spray out, there won't be any bubbles.

And first time, takes a few hours. Subsequent applications are quick.