Blah

Discussion in 'Community' started by SilvorX, Aug 19, 2002.

1. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

well it turns out that i might not be getting a mac any time soon :( :(
    i was asking my dad yesterday if i was going to get a new puter soon (i need a puter for working n such since i'm gonna be pretty busy for school coming up soon) n he said no even tho its supposed to be a darn grad gift:mad: (actually really early grad gift)
    now either i'll have to wait till june to get a new puter (IF I'M LUCKY, but with my luck, i probably wont get one) or not get one at all :(
    and just to think i was pricing out/comparing macs non-stop lately :S lol...

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Mate, u must be gutted.
    I hate in when I'm eyeing something up but then circumstances change and suddenly it's out of reach.

3. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

As Verbose knows, my dad loves photoshop and thus I have convinced him that for speed he needs a dual *** (*** being 867 or ghz) thankfully he is the one who suggested getting the ghz not. So pretty soon I'll be able to make a contribuition to seti or folding:p

Edit: Verbose, isn't it time you updated your avatar? You needs those precious air intakes.

4. Geert macrumors 6502a

Geert

ooh man, so sorry to hear that.

But if this eases your pain, I have got the same problem from time to time.
    As Verbose put it so nicely, sometimes we want stuff so much but is out of reach, 'cause of unpredicted circumstances.

Hey, you win some you lose some. that's the name of the game.
    Maybe when your folks win lottery they will buy it anyways.

5. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Check out my 'This kinda sucks' thread in general mac discussion. It is a different situation then your situation but it still sux. :(

6. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

that's bad news. look on the good side, you can wait till January and get a 1GHz TiBook!! wOOt!! :D :D :D

7. drastik macrumors 6502a

drastik

to bad ace, no boby like having the rug pulled out from under them. I dunno, maybe try to get a part time job, then you can get whatever you like.

8. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

No, I don't think so, I much prefer the design of the previous Quicksilver, that chrome plate and those air intakes look nasty IMHO....not that I wouldn't want a nice dual 1.25 ;)

9. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

<uploads unused 2nd processor cycles for anyone who wants>

SilvorX, it's too bad that things don't always work out. Maybe something else will happen and you'll be happier he waited. :)

10. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

damn man, we need to get him a mac badly, everyday I talk to him and he absolutely loves em to death, so someone donate a mac to him, please :D

11. SilvorX thread starter macrumors 68000

SilvorX

wow, mac users are so friendly :D lol
    thanx d00ds, i probably can wait :(, but the more mac15 talks bout how 1337 his mac is, the more i want one, n when i used osx for the first time, that made me want one even more :(

ya, thats happened quite a bit for me for some reason :S, i dunno y

ya, if only they won lol, i get the problem quite a bit too often :(, sooner or later i'll get a mac, even if i have to get a job for it (as in NO grad present)

i'm not really a laptop fan but i'dd probably get a laptop someday like when i have the money and i already have a desktop puter

i COULD get a part time job, but the problems are transportation n such since i live in the middle of no where :(
    n i could work at the school for an internet thingy (supervising ppl who are surfing the net) but it'dd take up too much time for homework at times, but then again if its not busy (which is most of the time) i could go surfing on mr probably lol

lol thanx for your help d00d but its ok, i can wait till january - summer for a new mac, even tho it'll hurt till i get it lol, i cant wait till i get it..if only i get it...just have to wait n see...