Blair to get his blood money, joining Carlyle

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by diamond geezer, Aug 22, 2005.

1. diamond geezer macrumors regular

Jan 26, 2004
    Now we see why Blair was willing to lie to his country and take them to war. he's going to get the big payback or should I say pay-cheque.

I wonder what the families of Britain's Iraqi war dead and the London bombings think of this news.
  2. alex_ant macrumors 68020

Feb 5, 2002
    All up in your bidness
    So you're implying that Tony Blair acquiesced to the Iraq war way back in 2003 knowing that if he did he could later get a job with a company tied to the defense industry? You must be because that's what you wrote. Tony Blair signed off on the Iraq war so that he could get a high-paying job afterwards.

There is enough to criticize about the Iraq war without having to use the dead bodies of soldiers and terrorist attack victims and their families into it. You could talk about the horrible pre-war planning, the complete lack of any connection between Iraq and terrorism, the premature presidential self-congratulation, the refusal to understand or even acknowledge the actual potential causes of terrorism, the dire leadership throughout, etc., etc., etc. Instead you go for the cheap shot. Pretty tasteless and totally counterproductive to the anti-war movement.
  3. miloblithe macrumors 68020

Nov 14, 2003
    Washington, DC
    I'm particularly concerned that according the the Mirror, the dollar has devalued to the point that there are $1,500 to the Pound.

Crap! Now I'll never be able to move to England!
  4. diamond geezer thread starter macrumors regular

Jan 26, 2004
    I commented back in 2003 that Blair was probably going to end up with Carlyle as a payoff and what do you know (admittedly it hasn't happened yet).

This isn't a "job" as you and me would call it, it's money for nothing.

Not that you'd call betraying your country, nothing.
  5. highres macrumors 6502a

Jul 1, 2005
    Near the Singularity
    Wow, what a rant...what if Geezers post or link has some truth to it? Why are you so dead set against it without looking at it with a shred of objectivity? If there is even a small amount of truth to the article in the Sunday Mirror then it is compelling and should be looked at with some objectivity and forethought by the media or online community.

In my opinion if you are going to refute someones post then at least have some info or research to back it up, not just emotional rhetoric.
  6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Feb 14, 2004
    And the Bush Mafia gets bigger and bigger.

Blair may even consider changing his last name. (Oh wait, there's already a Tony Soprano.)

Mayhaps by the time they get around to Iran, they'll even be doing Mafia routines.

"Nice country ya got here. Wouldn't want to see nothin' happen to it."
  7. ~loserman~ macrumors 6502a

Nov 10, 2004
    Land flowing with Milk and Honey
    Didn't Rumsfeld already say that?
  8. skunk macrumors G4

Jun 29, 2002
    Republic of Ukistan
    Wow! You looking for a seat on the board too?

FWIW, I think that the board of Carlyle is comprised of the most unscrupulous, dangerous and thoroughly disreputable monsters on the planet. But that's just another cheap shot.