Blank DVD Refused by MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by theman5725, Feb 5, 2007.

1. theman5725 macrumors 6502

I have a bunch of Dynex blank DVD-Rs that I wanted to burn something on. Everytime I place the DVD in my MacBook's superdrive, it makes some noises and then ejects it. I have burned many blank DVDs before on this computer, and I have burned stuff on these Dynex discs on another computer. Is this a hardware problem, or are the discs faulty?

2. theman5725 thread starter macrumors 6502

Anybody? I'd really like to burn this soon... :(

3. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

My guess would be that it's a hardware problem. The Matshita drives in both Macbooks and Macbook Pro's are utter pieces of crap. They are extremely picky about what discs they not only will read, but also write to. Start by trying the rejected discs in another computer, but my guess is the drive is the culprit.

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

True, but try other disks, I haven't had a problem with my Macbook (except for one disk which had photos (not pr0n ;) ) on it, which it claimed was blank :eek: )

5. drummerbooker14 macrumors 6502

drummerbooker14

i have the same problem. sometimes it accepts, some times it refuses them. i even have brand new CD's that don't work.

i am going to call apple tonight because this shouldn't hppen. maybe they will replace the whole thing along with the dead pixel and whatnot.

6. theman5725 thread starter macrumors 6502

I just tried to put in another DVD, this time a Sony one, and my computer is still rejecting it. I though maybe my disc drive was faulty, but I put in a regular movie DVD and it worked fine. What's going on? :confused:

7. DOlsson macrumors member

Have you tried using another disc of the same type? Maybe that one is messed up or something?

8. theman5725 thread starter macrumors 6502

Just tried, but no luck.

9. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Do you have discs of another brand?

Macs are quite picky when it comes to blank discs, it is spitting them out cause it probably don't like the taste! :p

10. theman5725 thread starter macrumors 6502

I tried 4 dynex dvds and 2 sony dvds, same result for each.

11. ~Wibble~ macrumors member

I have the same problem, im pretty sure the drives can't even burn DVDs so maybe the drive doesnt know what to do with it and just spits it out

12. killianb macrumors regular

killianb

I used to have this problem CONSTANTLY with my alu-MacBook.

I took it in to my local Apple store and they replaced the SuperDrive. Although it's much, much better, it still spits out blank disks every once in a while. However usually when I just stick it back in it will read it fine.